Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrzej Stewart
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clearly, Pit is a good party game. Why not throw in some drinking-game-style house rules? When a player wins a round, s/he gets to make up a new, absurd rule that affects the next round of play.

One's we've tried include:
- Silent Pit: Players cannot speak for the entire round
- Spanish Pit: Uno, Dos, Tres...English words are forbidden
- Forehead Pit: Players must slap cards to be traded onto their forehead

The whole idea is to be as absurd as possible. Be creative! This variant is definitely intended for a party audience, particulary one that might be somewhat inebriated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sinclair
United States
Shawnee
KS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: House Rules
Here are some of the variations we have tried:

Like you (highly suggested):

Spanish Pit (comercio uno, comercio dos, etc. or we prefer diga me uno, diga me dos, etc.) but we include the verb, and are pretty heavy on the accent

Silent Pit (show only fingers...frantically)

Ones you did not mention above:

French, German, or any foreign language where someone know how to count to four.

Cursed Pit: And since one time we ran out of languages, someone suggested we use different swear words for the different numbers. Kind of took the naughtiness out by saying them over and over. But we all laughed.

Pointing Pit: Taking a cue from baseball, we pointed to different body parts to signify the different numbers

Pit Fall:
Assigning different parts of the room as the only place where you can trade that number. The bell is in the middle. Try not to run into each other.

But our favorite after all of those is:

Cow Pit (aka Cow S**t) (moo, moo-moo, moo-moo-moo, or moo-moo-moo-moo)

Even better when you have a sound machine with pasture noises in the background with cows mooing. Thanks Sharper Image.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Christian: Excellent stuff. I really look forward to Spanish Pit, Pit Fall and Cow Pit.

Andrzej: You now must change the subject of this thread to "Flippin' Awesome House Rules."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Shugars
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ctskas wrote:
Here are some of the variations we have tried:

Like you (highly suggested):

Spanish Pit (comercio uno, comercio dos, etc. or we prefer diga me uno, diga me dos, etc.) but we include the verb, and are pretty heavy on the accent

Silent Pit (show only fingers...frantically)

Ones you did not mention above:

French, German, or any foreign language where someone know how to count to four.

Cursed Pit: And since one time we ran out of languages, someone suggested we use different swear words for the different numbers. Kind of took the naughtiness out by saying them over and over. But we all laughed.

Pointing Pit: Taking a cue from baseball, we pointed to different body parts to signify the different numbers

Pit Fall:
Assigning different parts of the room as the only place where you can trade that number. The bell is in the middle. Try not to run into each other.

But our favorite after all of those is:

Cow Pit (aka Cow S**t) (moo, moo-moo, moo-moo-moo, or moo-moo-moo-moo)

Even better when you have a sound machine with pasture noises in the background with cows mooing. Thanks Sharper Image.

I'm laughing just thinking about trying these!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Stewart
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well hey, I'm two years too late, but consider it done. "Flippin' Awesome House Rules", it is!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
These are amazing, I must try these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.