Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Clyne
England
Hazlemere
Bucks
flag msg tools
Empire of the Midnight Beard
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a copy at UK Games Expo and was told that each copy of the game has some cubes missing. They are used to mark discounts so they are not 100% needed as the cards around the table have the same information. JKLM were collecting names and addresses of purchasers and will be sending out the markers seperatley. I assume that copies that reach the distributors will be fixed before going on sale.

Played the game last night, very interesting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Wardle
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Yep got my copy too, there is only 1 of each coloured marker where there should be 5. Let's hope the manufactures get them out soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan How
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
Do you know about Counter magazine? Geekmail me for more details
mbmbmbmbmb
Same issue. Let's hope the colours all match too. It's a pity that poor game components have let down a very good game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wondered why the lad on the JKLM stand asked for my name and address! It would have been nice if he'd said why... But I not only have bits missing, I have extra bits. I have 60 production cards, not 40 as listed in the rules.

I also spent a fair while extracting the tiles from the matrix - some of the die cutting wasn't very good.

Still looking forward to playing, though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Wardle
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Sothis wrote:

I also spent a fair while extracting the tiles from the matrix - some of the die cutting wasn't very good.

Gotta agree with that, Had to be very careful, and even now some of the cards have burred edges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan L
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
plpompey wrote:
Sothis wrote:

Gotta agree with that, Had to be very careful, and even now some of the cards have burred edges.

Not just me then? The cardboard seems to be of very bad quality in my copy, it almost feels soggy to the touch and the tiles are splitting with the paper coming off at the edges. Quite a disappointment, as this is the third RGG game (Goa, El Grande) in a row for me that is sub par quality, so I'll wait with buying another game from them before having read about the quality.

Hopefully the game is still good though, and hopefully I'll get to try it out tomorrow (oh, and note to self: must remember to grab cubes from some other game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treacherous Cretin
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just opened my copy of Phoenicia, slightly disappointed with the COMPONANTS. Cardboard a little thin, lots of white plastic pawns and markers, is this really £30 worth of game ??? I hope the game plays well enough to justify the cost. Online games from the website have been very good, so I remain positive there.

Now RGG are you reading this ???

In the same delivery box was Vikings, at £20 this simply blows Phoenicia into tiny pieces componant wise. For 33% less money you get nice thick cardboard,wonderful bright clours, better die cutting, a bag of wooden pawns, cloth bag. This is more like it.

So why is Phonenicia not made to the same standard, as Rio Grande Games logo is on both boxes !!! Why is Phoenicia costing so much more ???

P.S.
I'll ignore the missing componants problem as there are already fixes in place

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Clyne
England
Hazlemere
Bucks
flag msg tools
Empire of the Midnight Beard
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a package from JKLM today so now I have no missing components
Thanks for the prompt service

Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Wardle
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Parts arrived this morning, Have played the game about 5 times since Birmingham so these will come in handy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also got 60 production cards.

Can anybody tell me the correct distribution when having 40 cards?!

Thnx in advance
Mario

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Braz wrote:
I also got 60 production cards.

Can anybody tell me the correct distribution when having 40 cards?!

I emailed JKLM about this and they confirmed my card distribution was correct: 12x4, 36x5, 12x6. Whether it's 60 or 40 doesn't matter as long as there are one 4 and one 6 for every three 5's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect!
Thanks for your very fast reply!

Best regards
Mario

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Bob
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Not just me then? The cardboard seems to be of very bad quality in my copy, it almost feels soggy to the touch and the tiles are splitting with the paper coming off at the edges.

I can see you guys don't own/play any wargames. Trim all the corners with some nail clippers to get some nice edges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan L
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
elcomadreja2 wrote:
Quote:
Not just me then? The cardboard seems to be of very bad quality in my copy, it almost feels soggy to the touch and the tiles are splitting with the paper coming off at the edges.

I can see you guys don't own/play any wargames. Trim all the corners with some nail clippers to get some nice edges.

I can see you don't own/play any Euros. Pay £27 and expect the game to be of decent physical quality without having to perform manual labour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.