Subject: Wait...So I dont need to read anything before playing? Or...? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kasey HR
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Hey everyone,

I think Im going to try to play this tonight for the first time with some friends. Only thing is... i havent even opened the manual so as to avoid spoilers. If Ive understood correctly, thos is a zero-learning curve game in the sense that it teaches you while you play.

Is there something I should read beforehand to prepare before my friends arrive, or should we literally sit down together and go blind?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bruns
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading the training mission while everyone is together will be more fun if the group enjoys the humor written into the instructions. If they prefer to get down to business, you could read ahead and explain it, but then why are they playing this game anyway?

There is no need to read ahead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danny kessel
Netherlands
Breda
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmb
Well, I mostly like to be prepared when starting a new game.
You might want to read the tutorial until the red exclamation part (which is stating that you must not read further, until you finished your goal/first goal)
Also, I would recommand using the online tutorial of Riot games, as it sets the mood and actually is good at explaining the game.
Furthermore, although there are some things that might be considered spoilers in the rule book, I didn't experience them as bad spoilers when I had to look up rules in the rulebook, which can happen from time to time. I don't recommend reading the rulebook in advance though, just keep it ready while gaming if you really need to find something.

I don't know if you like story with a game, but if you (and your friends) do, I suggest keeping the website nearby when playing the game for the radio play. We really enjoyed it.

Sites:
Tutorial: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/mechs-vs-minions#t...
Radio play: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/mechs-vs-minions/c...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Nelson
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. Have the radioplay ready, and then just walk through the tutorial making sure not to skip anything. My wife got annoyed with me when we did the tutorial and saw that I skipped some lines.

I think this is one of this games best features is slowly introducing the rules in a fun interactive way rather than needing 1 person to be a rule guru that has to pass on the knowledge.

The only thing that the tutorial left in the air, that I noticed at least, was whether there is friendly fire from your attack cards. We just went with that there is not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Barlow wrote:

The only thing that the tutorial left in the air, that I noticed at least, was whether there is friendly fire from your attack cards. We just went with that there is not.

You played it correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.