Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Turner
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rulebook it states that all mines have to have a human, fungoid or crystaline dude on them to get the rubidium. Does this apply to the three player 'base' spaces as well? (we've been playing that you get those if they are empty). Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith "Boaty McBoatface" C
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rulebook, "you gain rubium equal to the number on that mine if you have at least one Human, Fungoid, or Crystalline on it." It doesn't mention any exception for the home spaces, so I would have to assume that there isn't one. We've always played that they need to be manned in order to collect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
my eye
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
We've always played that they need to be manned in order to collect.

Same here. Additionally, if an area with a mine is contested, nobody gets the Rubium for that mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bryant
United States
Jamaica Plain
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You need one of the lowly three on every mined space to get resources from it. Everyone above is right. No worker no goods.. even on your starting spaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Harris
United Kingdom
Sutton
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
riledguy wrote:
You need one of the lowly three on every mined space to get resources from it. Everyone above is right. No worker no goods.. even on your starting spaces.

... and that means an interesting little tactical dilemma on your first turn. Do I intentionally trade off getting resources on one or more of my 'home mines' on turn #2 to get the benefit of having an extra unit (or two!) on turn #1 to go exploring?

Simon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Ratz
Canada
Thunder Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
harris_family wrote:
riledguy wrote:

... and that means an interesting little tactical dilemma on your first turn. Do I intentionally trade off getting resources on one or more of my 'home mines' on turn #2 to get the benefit of having an extra unit (or two!) on turn #1 to go exploring?

Simon

To me, it's a no brainer to go exploring. You will get either a 2 point mine, which is the same as most of your home base spots, a 1 point mine and a fungoid/crystaline which are worth 3 rubium so you are ahead here, or a rock strider worth 6 rubium, which puts you way ahead.

So, as I see it, there is no downside to exploring as much as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy VanSchalkwyk
United States
Raynham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Lasers!
badge
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
mbmbmbmbmb
dratz wrote:
To me, it's a no brainer to go exploring. You will get either a 2 point mine, which is the same as most of your home base spots, a 1 point mine and a fungoid/crystaline which are worth 3 rubium so you are ahead here, or a rock strider worth 6 rubium, which puts you way ahead.

So, as I see it, there is no downside to exploring as much as possible.

In my opinion, it's even better than that... for every spot you explore, that's one less place an opponent can explore, and get one of the above options... the more for you, the less for them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Turner
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it makes sense.

I told the guys, it's not like the crappy exploration in Twilight Imperium, it's shades of good rather than the "only planet nearby is irradiated" sort of thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.