7 Posts

Dungeon Petz» Forums » Rules

Subject: Selling more than one pet rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Indenture Forlife
msg tools
mbmbmb
During the 'Selling Phase' when there is only one buyer can you sell more than one pet? I know the rule book says each buyer will only purchase one pet but a rule sheet I found here on BGG says that if you sell from 'The Black Market' a Buyer can purchase more than one pet.

Has anyone else heard this or is the BGG 'rule sheet' mistaken?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wilczewski
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
badge
Someone on the internet is wrong!
mbmbmbmbmb
Each buyer will only buy one pet from each pet shop. A particular buyer will buy more than one pet total, but only one from each shop.

Also - You can only sell one pet to the 3x Auctioneer bonus per round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which rule sheet are you referring to? Link?

Each buyer will only purchase one pet from you. You may sell the pet on the black market or on the platform.

I would guess that the rule sheet may be referring to the last round where there are TWO buyers. The rules state that

Quote:
The last round has 2 customers, and every player can sell one
pet to each. However, even in the last round, only one pet
can be sold from the platform. If you are selling two pets,
you have to sell at least one of them on the black market.

I have a hunch the rule sheet is referring to this case. I would have to read it to be sure.

(Love this game by the way... it's been too long since I played it.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M.
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indenture wrote:
During the 'Selling Phase' when there is only one buyer can you sell more than one pet? I know the rule book says each buyer will only purchase one pet but a rule sheet I found here on BGG says that if you sell from 'The Black Market' a Buyer can purchase more than one pet.

Has anyone else heard this or is the BGG 'rule sheet' mistaken?
My short answer is that the rule book is correct and this 'rule sheet' is mistaken.

The final round has two customers, but you may only sell once from the platform. This means that if you want to sell two pets (one to each customer) one sale is from the platform and the other sale is from the black market, or BOTH sales are from the black market (NB that the one pet per customer rule is not broken). Perhaps this is where the rule sheet you mentioned is a bit muddled? Maybe the sale of two pets to the same customer is something introduced with the Dungeon Petz: Dark Alleys expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura "lelo" D. Arrowsmith Deddens Gerard
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roxxor McOwnage wrote:
Maybe the sale of two pets to the same customer is something introduced with the Dungeon Petz: Dark Alleys expansion?

Nope. I play with Dark Alleys and have been over the rules with a fine tooth comb because I'm working on variations. You can still only sell one per per customer but in Dark Alleys which has an extra round, the last two rounds have 2 customers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura "lelo" D. Arrowsmith Deddens Gerard
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh wait, maybe that "rule sheet" was one of my variations. I have a 2-player no-neutral-imps variation where each player can sell up to 2 pets per customer. But ... come to think of it, I don't think I've posted that yet . hmmmmmm. Would love a link to this "rule sheet" tho OP mentioned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rainbowrose wrote:
Oh wait, maybe that "rule sheet" was one of my variations. I have a 2-player no-neutral-imps variation where each player can sell up to 2 pets per customer. But ... come to think of it, I don't think I've posted that yet . hmmmmmm. Would love a link to this "rule sheet" tho OP mentioned.

Yeah. It is a mistake or a variant. I looked at the most popular BGG player aid and it was correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.