Hide
5 Posts

5-Minute Dungeon» Forums » General

Subject: Similar to Dungeon Time? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johnny Hollander
msg tools
Has anyone played this and Dungeon Time? I know Dungeon Time is in the process of shipping to backers and this KS just ended so there may not be many, if any, who have played both, but I figured I'd ask since they seem very similar and I'm wondering how they compare to each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
I played the PNP of dungeon time, but not 5MD. I think they seem somewhat similar, but distinct enough. One is a fast paced nigh party game, the other is a slower, very thinky game that requires a lot of communication.

Dungeon Time suits my group extremely well, but I got 5MD as well because it'll be sillier fun as opposed to thinky fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Hollander
msg tools
What do you mean by one is a "slower" game? Don't they both have 5 minute rounds?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Slower paced. In Dungeon Time you're discussing and trying to figure out how to get those darn missions done. In 5MD you're basically just slapping as many cards on the table as you can, it seems to me. Which does sound fun too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Hollander
msg tools
Oh ok makes sense, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.