Popular Tags: [View All]
Rami S
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens when the VP point pool becomes empty? Do we continue playing? or should we end the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Weintraub
United States
Commack
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Lock him up!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, does this happen a lot when you play? I've never seen this happen. I can only think that your games are taking much longer than average, due to something in your group's playstyle. Not that any of this is a direct answer to your question, but I dont' think this should really come up as a question, so I have to ask; how long do your games typically last?

And FWIW, I'd just use additional VP, tracking it with pencil and paper or using proxies from another game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami S
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually it happened only once. At our first game (a 2 players game), we used the advanced settings for the kingdoms; Where the yellow one gives you 3 VP per turn.

We used proxies to replace it. But because there was nothing in the rules for this situation, I wasn't sure about it.

The final scoring was more or less 110 to 95.

(edit): I think the game took between 20 to 30 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Weintraub
United States
Commack
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Lock him up!
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it was because it was a 2player game. I've always played it with at least 3. More players makes it harder to block everyone at once, plus you've got fewer castles per person.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a love/hate relationship.
badge
Check out my board game instructional videos on my YouTube channel: "The Game Explainer".
mbmbmbmbmb
One easy solution is to take the same amount of VP from each player and use them to restock the pool. Use the smaller denominations, so players can take the correct amount from the pool each turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Jorge Gomes
Portugal
Setubal
Grande Lisboa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always do it when a similar situation comes in every game that needs it, for example, "Diamant", where it happens very often.

I guess here is the best choice also. I’ve got the same problem, in a game with 2 players, but only in the final arithmetic’s, so the pencil and a sheet easily solved it at the time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.