Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Nichols
United States
Deptford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought an old copy of DragonQuest by SPI. It was released in 1980 and I believe it's the first edition version. The game looks great, but I am going to be busy with other games I have for quite awhile and won't have tme to get into it. BoardGameGeek does not have any information on this game in their database, so I am curious if anyone reading this has played it. If so, please give an opinion. Is the game worth spending some time with? Is it related at all to the video game of the same name?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Reilly
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this the Dragonquest role-playing game that SPI released? If so, I can tell you a bit about it, as I played it a bit. But maybe they released a boardgame of the same name?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Altoona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it different than this game Dragon Quest?

If so, then add your version to the database using the following menus: Misc > Add Game

[edit: but not if it is a RPG]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Nichols
United States
Deptford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it is the game by SPI (I also have their Deathmaze game).
No, it is not related to Dragon Quest, but that sure is one I like.
Since I don't have any experience with Dragonquest, I do not know if it is RPG-style. If it is, then maybe that's why it's not in the database.
However, I would appreciate any info others have on this game. Thanks.

(edit: Holy cow! I just found out moments ago that the game IS an RPG! My apologies... I would not have posted the original question had I realized that. Thanks, anyway.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played DQ more than a few years ago and liked it at the time. There are a lot of resources still available.

http://www.igs.net/~eric/dq/ has some open source books for DQ as well as a PDF of the unpublished magic expansion "Arcane Wisdom".

There is also a Yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dq-rules/ that has a bunch of additional material, and links to other Web sites.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.