Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vadim Deylgat
Belgium
Melle
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler: This game got mentioned in the video that the Dice Tower put up today, their top 10's of 2016. I won't spoil who of the three and where on his list. Just watch...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seba J
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
here's the video, lazy gamers .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seba J
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
and here's the exact link to where they talk about P:E.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb O
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Midav8 wrote:
I won't spoil who of the three and where on his list.

Don't worry, the P:E facebook page shared this, along with the place on the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cinos
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deserved. It really is a great game. Not one person I've played it with has said any different.

Such a shame how events transpired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Deylgat
Belgium
Melle
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ioannidas wrote:
Midav8 wrote:
I won't spoil who of the three and where on his list.

Don't worry, the P:E facebook page shared this, along with the place on the list.

Well, then I'll hold my spoilers for the few of the people not following P:E on Facebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can we spoil this? Can we shout loudly that it was #1? Can we then say that, despite the cesspool of comments that sadly is angry kickstarter backers these days, this is still a GREAT game, and deserves more than to be simply lost due to some annoyed backers and slighty-blobby miniatures?

Just finished two back to back games and it was amazingly tight. So many tactics formed, so many plans being reworked within the two minute windows, and so many great aliens and abilities to keep moving the real time challenge around.

So sad that the backlash was enough to personally crush the designer of the game - for a game this good, there should be some measure of pride and even some payback. I can only hope after the dust settles some more, and wounds heal a little, that they can pick this up again for more to enjoy. Easily my favourite real time co-op, and I do love real time co-ops !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phantomwhale wrote:
Can we spoil this? Can we shout loudly that it was #1? Can we then say that, despite the cesspool of comments that sadly is angry kickstarter backers these days, this is still a GREAT game, and deserves more than to be simply lost due to some annoyed backers and slighty-blobby miniatures?

Just finished two back to back games and it was amazingly tight. So many tactics formed, so many plans being reworked within the two minute windows, and so many great aliens and abilities to keep moving the real time challenge around.

So sad that the backlash was enough to personally crush the designer of the game - for a game this good, there should be some measure of pride and even some payback. I can only hope after the dust settles some more, and wounds heal a little, that they can pick this up again for more to enjoy. Easily my favourite real time co-op, and I do love real time co-ops !

Not that I agree with the way every backer handled themselves for this project don't think it was just the backers fault this happened. Artipia and Drawlabs WAAAYYY over promised on the mini's in this game and severely under delivered on that promise. Also the communication on this project was the worst I've seen. So let's not lay this all in the laps of the backers here, both companies participated in making this project what it was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's garbage, considering it's a 2015 release. Even the BGG entry itself is wrong on this one. (proof are the even their own expansions, which are dated with 2015 - the correct year)

An amazing game anyway. Just sad it ruined this otherwise great list for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Peterson
United States
Cane Ridge
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Artipia and Drawlabs WAAAYYY over promised on the mini's in this game and severely under delivered on that promise.

The minis I got are amazing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LookAtTheBacon wrote:
That's garbage, considering it's a 2015 release. Even the BGG entry itself is wrong on this one. (proof are the even their own expansions, which are dated with 2015 - the correct year)

2015 at Essen, no one in the States got theirs until recently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TyDeL wrote:
LookAtTheBacon wrote:

2015 at Essen, no one in the States got theirs until recently.

And i would question that being called a release because there were a large % of components ( more than 1/2) that were going to be replaced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha, what? Of course it was a release. Just like any other Essen (only) release. And not the copies were replaced, but only their minis. Which is like a part of the game and not the actual game itself.
Also, the old minis could be played with perfectly fine, they were just a little ugly.

Smells like fishing for reasons not to admit that BGG/TDT made a mistake with "2016", sadly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LookAtTheBacon wrote:
Haha, what? Of course it was a release. Just like any other Essen (only) release. And not the copies were replaced, but only their minis. Which is like a part of the game and not the actual game itself.
Also, the old minis could be played with perfectly fine, they were just a little ugly.

Smells like fishing for reasons not to admit that BGG/TDT made a mistake with "2016", sadly.

No, i'm pretty sure no one considers it a 2015 release, except for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aside from everyone at the Artipia booth and everyone who bought it I talked to at Essen '15 But keep your falsehood, it's fine. Better to be in the minority on the side of truth than being on the wrong side - the side of mindless claiming, while not having any forceful arguments at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LookAtTheBacon wrote:
Aside from everyone at the Artipia booth and everyone who bought it I talked to at Essen '15 But keep your falsehood, it's fine. Better to be in the minority on the side of truth than being on the wrong side - the side of mindless claiming, while not having any forceful arguments at all.

You know, having a limited "pick-up only at Essen 2015" TECHNICALLY makes it a 2015 release.

But general release when it was available to everyone and anyone who wanted a copy? 2016.

What year did Tom Vasel receive the game?

What year did he review it?

What year did he play it?

You can be pedantic all you want, but releasing a flawed version for a handful of people that never went on to wide spread distribution in 2015... well, let's just say for the majority of folks who received and backed it? Project : ELITE was a 2016 release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was a KS project that debuted at Essen 2015 and was supposed to be shipped to backers right after. The remaining copies of the print run did go to retail.

There was never a plan about a "limited" release. It's just that they decided to replace the minis and it took longer to ship the game to backers. Maybe there were plans for a second print run, but certainly not because the first one was limited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
Fields of Green expansion - Grand Fair - On Kickstarter - Feb-1-2018
mbmbmbmbmb
NasosP wrote:
The remaining copies of the print run did go to retail.

No they didn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3pod wrote:
NasosP wrote:

No they didn't.

thus why it wasn't a 2015 release. okay, this has been high jacked, back to , this is #1 game by Tom this year, which is great news. HOpefully this will encourage Artipia to get this reprinted by someone else in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3pod wrote:
NasosP wrote:

No they didn't.

Sure they did. There were retailers that picked up copies at the fair. That's how I got my Adrenaline expansion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas -
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jwspiker wrote:
okay, this has been high jacked, back to , this is #1 game by Tom this year, which is great news. HOpefully this will encourage Artipia to get this reprinted by someone else in the future.
+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Olympia
WA
flag msg tools
Vigilo Confido
badge
In the pipe, five by five...
mbmbmbmbmb
jwspiker wrote:
3pod wrote:
NasosP wrote:

No they didn't.

thus why it wasn't a 2015 release. okay, this has been high jacked, back to , this is #1 game by Tom this year, which is great news. HOpefully this will encourage Artipia to get this reprinted by someone else in the future.

On the Dice Tower end of the year podcast, Tom mentioned the update from Konstantinos and said he (Tom) would do "everything in his power" to try and get the game reprinted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NasosP wrote:
3pod wrote:
NasosP wrote:

No they didn't.

Sure they did. There were retailers that picked up copies at the fair. That's how I got my Adrenaline expansion

You do notice whom Konstantinos Kokkinis is right, i would think the designer would know what happened to the 'rest of the print run', do you?

edit: fixed typo changing you to whom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jwspiker wrote:
NasosP wrote:
3pod wrote:
NasosP wrote:

No they didn't.

You do notice you Konstantinos Kokkinis is right, i would think the designer would know what happened to the 'rest of the print run', do you?

Man, our difference is I'm not a zealot

Retailers bought copies at the fair. Not sure what happened afterwards and it doesn't really make a difference. You could find Project: Elite at OLGSs up to about 6 months after Essen. So, some copies did make it to retail.

My guess is Konstantinos is referring to them not shipping copies to retailers after Essen. But, again, it's insignificant. Feel free to deduce whatever you like about whether this was a 2015 release, a 2016 one, a 2015 limited release or whatever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
Fields of Green expansion - Grand Fair - On Kickstarter - Feb-1-2018
mbmbmbmbmb
NasosP wrote:
3pod wrote:
NasosP wrote:

No they didn't.

Some copies found their way to retail but in no way that refers to the remaining copies of the print run, hence my previous post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.