Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of weeks ago I got to play this game for the first time. I had fun, it is a terrific game.

I was playing the character who draws a card when a damage is taken - I am sorry I do not remember his name. My question is whether the dynamite damage is taken one at a time or all three at once, and whether ANY cards are drawn for the damage?

I had a beer in hand when it happened - would that be allowable if he goes down two points dead (assuming other cards may be drawn)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
A couple of weeks ago I got to play this game for the first time. I had fun, it is a terrific game.

I was playing the character who draws a card when a damage is taken - I am sorry I do not remember his name. My question is whether the dynamite damage is taken one at a time or all three at once, and whether ANY cards are drawn for the damage?

That's Bart Cassidy who draws a card for every lifepoint he loses. So he draws three cards.
Quote:

I had a beer in hand when it happened - would that be allowable if he goes down two points dead (assuming other cards may be drawn)?

Yes. He would first draw a card and then play the beer. (Remember though, that if there are only two players left, you can't use beer to stay in the game like that).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Bexborn
Sweden
Kalmar
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Malacandra wrote:
martimer wrote:

That's Bart Cassidy who draws a card for every lifepoint he loses. So he draws three cards.
Quote:

Yes. He would first draw a card and then play the beer. (Remember though, that if there are only two players left, you can't use beer to stay in the game like that).

No. If Burt Cassidy is reduced to or below 0 points he can only play Beer cards he already has on hand to save his life. Otherwise, he dies before he can draw cards (Question 18 in the FAQ).

Also, note that you would need a Beer card for each point below zero that you need to get back to 1 point of health. If, say, the Dynamite were to reduce you to -2, you would have to play 3 Beer cards to stay alive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where is this FaQ document located?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Bexborn
Sweden
Kalmar
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scroll down to the Files section. Here's a direct link to the FAQ:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/fileinfo.php?fileid=2319
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.