Popular Tags: [View All]
Laura "lelo" D. Arrowsmith Deddens Gerard
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the two pinned threads and related links. It's all about now to be a contestant. Nothing really about how to be a judge. So how do you vote?

Also, related, how do you propose a contest? How do you get it on the calendar?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually, if you want to vote, you follow the contest you are interested in and participate in the voting once the polls are up. There is no special way to be a judge.

Guest judges, however, are different. If you want to be a guest judge, well, for that the contest organizer contacts you and asks you to be a judge for their contest.

As for proposing a contest, some people just post them in the Design Contest forum (following BGGs rules about contests) others have some discussion first and then put up a contest thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

Would I find the voting poll in the header of the contest geeklist?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Contests can be run a bit differently here but they usually follow a similar format.

In the Mint Tin Design Contest, there is a link to the voting page in the 1st post of the contest thread (under Voting) and there is a list of entries (with links to each game) in the 2nd post.

All BGG users are allowed and encouraged to vote. I hope voters test out as many designs as they can or read the rules of the games before voting. I'd encourage voters to offer feedback and suggestions as well to the designers in their respective WIP threads.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yes, I'll only vote if I at least read the rules and examined the files of a good majority of the games. I just didn't want to do all that work and then not be able to vote because I couldn't figure out how to do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.