Hide
12 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: A question of Knights... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Dripps
msg tools
I've been looking into expansions and want to go for the Lion, Flower, and Dung Beetle Knights. Are these guys huntable like the lion and antelope or are they like a nemesis (or both)?

If they're huntable, are you able to hunt the same knight multiple times?

When you hunt, do you choose what to go after providing you are at a level to do so?

Thank you for taking the time on a noob!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Dosher
msg tools
Flower and Dung Beetle are huntable the Lion knight is a nemesis.

You can hunt the Flower and DBK multiple times.

I believe the flower is either year 3 or 4 and the DBK is year 8.

the third question do you mean you get to choose the level? if that's the case you get to choose for the DBK and Flower. the Lion like all nemesis goes up over time.

I hope that answer's your question?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Dripps
msg tools
bennid2 wrote:

the third question do you mean you get to choose the level? if that's the case you get to choose for the DBK and Flower. the Lion like all nemesis goes up over time.

Third question is basically I'm wondering about hunting in general. Do you choose what to hunt each year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthewdripps wrote:
bennid2 wrote:

Third question is basically I'm wondering about hunting in general. Do you choose what to hunt each year?

I'm also a noob just getting into KDM with this kickstarter but from the gameplay vids I've been watching (The Beasts of War have a great series!) it appears you get to choose what you hunt provided that creature is unlocked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Dripps
msg tools
i'll have to watch them tonight. thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dying Tickles
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quarries are what you hunt. The game will make more quarries available to hunt as the game goes on. You choose what to hunt from the list of available quarries and what level you want that quarry to be. Nemeses show up periodically and increase in level each time you fight the same one. First instance, the first time you fight the Butcher, he's level 1. Next time, he has to be level 2, the third time is level 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
matthewdripps wrote:

On years when you don't have a Nemesis showdown, you choose a monster off your current Quarries list. First year you won't have many choices (White Lion, and Gorm or Frogdog if you have those expansions) as time goes on fixed and variable events add more.

The Lion Knight is a Special and doesn't count as your year's showdown.

That being said at least one monster has a Hunt event where you end up fighting a different monster than the one you intended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
The Nemesis hunt you, so not much choice there

The remaining hunts you choose, although Things Can Happen (usually not though).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Dripps
msg tools
So probably I should go thru the core box first, get a feel for it, then when starting a new campaign add in some expansions.

So I guess my next question would be are the knights connected? Would having all 3 enhance that campaign?

And thank you for your time, this has been a very supportive community for this game. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B K
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matthewdripps wrote:
So probably I should go thru the core box first, get a feel for it, then when starting a new campaign add in some expansions.

So I guess my next question would be are the knights connected? Would having all 3 enhance that campaign?

And thank you for your time, this has been a very supportive community for this game. meeple

One way to connect the Knights is to try to build the Green Knight armor. It requires Knights and Gorm and maybe another specific monster as well as a lot of luck. Most reports I've seen people have only been able to craft 1-3 pieces of the armor. But, it would connect the Knights in a campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Dripps
msg tools
The Inner Geek wrote:
matthewdripps wrote:

One way to connect the Knights is to try to build the Green Knight armor. It requires Knights and Gorm and maybe another specific monster as well as a lot of luck. Most reports I've seen people have only been able to craft 1-3 pieces of the armor. But, it would connect the Knights in a campaign.

Green Knight is an expansion right? Is it a monster or a sprue with cool armor bits and gear cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Martyn
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matthewdripps wrote:
The Inner Geek wrote:
matthewdripps wrote:

Green Knight is an expansion right? Is it a monster or a sprue with cool armor bits and gear cards?

The latter. Information on all expansions can be found here - https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1683147/new-kdm-everything-...

Or here - https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1682773/how-do-expansions-w...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.