Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
29 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: What on earth is that? (Next expansion) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Buller
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
Oldschool
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Any guesses? It dosnt look like anything I can remember I have seen before, either from pictures he leaked or from miniatures.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oda
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
But if it were me, I'd really wanna be, a giant woman.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
https://shop.kingdomdeath.com/products/gryphon
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Johnson
msg tools
Avatar
It's definitely the Gryphon. Remember that the teasers (so far) are based on art and not models. The Gryphon's art is a 100% match.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Buller
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
Oldschool
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Khift wrote:
It's definitely the Gryphon. Remember that the teasers (so far) are based on art and not models. The Gryphon's art is a 100% match.


Ahh ok, I thought about the gryphon but dismissed it because the tail didnt match with the model. But your right, the art does match, so that must be it... Do you think that this Will be a $75 ($150) espansion with its own campaign like the dragonking.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Johnson
msg tools
Avatar
valle1 wrote:
Khift wrote:
It's definitely the Gryphon. Remember that the teasers (so far) are based on art and not models. The Gryphon's art is a 100% match.


Ahh ok, I thought about the gryphon but dismissed it because the tail didnt match with the model. But your right, the art does match, so that must be it... Do you think that this Will be a $75 ($150) espansion with its own campaign like the dragonking.
Well, the model is absolutely enormous. It definitely rivals the Dragon King in terms of size.

https://shop.kingdomdeath.com/products/gryphon

Note the person being hold for scale. The store page lists it as 174 mm tall by 247 mm wide -- that's 6.85 inches by 9.72 inches. One of the bigger figures in the range for sure. The Dragon King is a bit taller and definitely bulkier, but the Gryphon is up there in terms of gross volume.

There's also the lore, where it can use pheromones to trick humans into building its nest for it. So a People of the Gryphon campaign is plausible from a lore perspective.

Really, though, it's all speculation here. I got nothin', other than the fact that it's definitely the Gryphon.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that tail a penis with a face?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Buller
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
Oldschool
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff wrote:
Is that tail a penis with a face?


A penis that can bite your leg off, no less.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow that is AWESOME!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Geoff wrote:
Is that tail a penis with a face?


it looks like a penis, but the gryphon does have a penis where a penis should be so its either a penis with a face or a face that happens to resemble a penis.

I guess Poots said something like.. " i like it, you have done a great job with this design but there is one thing this gryphon needs, make its tale a penis with a face and we got our design."
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If there is something that is never amiss in this game, is penises.
I think my next settlement will be full of Dicks (meaning that a lot of people will be named Richard).
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
t3clis wrote:
If there is something that is never amiss in this game, is penises.
I think my next settlement will be full of Dicks (meaning that a lot of people will be named Richard).


People of the Dick campaign is super hard!
19 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
It might be super long too.
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think campaign size will matter in the end. However, I'd make it a bit more strategy-based, since many of us just lack the endurance (again, don't trust everything you read on the 'net).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really want to know why Poots adds dicks to everything. Is he Mr. WongBurger? Is he building a dick ship?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hey guys, I don't want to miss out when we all get banned (it must be anytime now). Let's keep in touch
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
Netherlands
Alkmaar
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
t3clis wrote:
hey guys, I don't want to miss out when we all get banned (it must be anytime now). Let's keep in touch

Epic conversation so far!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pflug
Germany
Schwäbisch Gmünd
Baden Würtemberg
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thread of the day! XD
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
The is one of the few resins that I sold off after purchasing. I really like the model some days and other days I don't. I think it's the art. The art is amazing and I don't think it was captured as well as it could have been when it was converted to a model. Hopefully some really cool armor sets are included in this one. Either way though I bet this is a $70 expansion because of the size of the monster alone.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
House of Cards
United States
Abingdon
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Is it the size or performance of an expansion that matters most?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Parviainen
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
To me, the Gryphon seems just so... regular... monster. We get Gryphons in every fantasy universe. Kind of uninteresting add on for KDM.

I very much want Ringtail fox addon (Poots will propably reveal it as the last one since he knows people are waiting for it) or Flower witch/Lotus monster/foresty addon way more than some stupid Gryphon.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Epidemius wrote:
Really want to know why Poots adds dicks to everything.

Can't spell "KDM Campaign" without dick!

(And 'gina.)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably one of my least favorite models. It feels too similar to the Phoenix and the pose is a little too dynamic for my tastes. When you fight it, it will always be tearing some dude apart. Lame. But hey, let's get it out of the way so we can get to the Mountain Man, Ring-tailed Fox (please!), Lotus, Honeycomb Weaver, etc.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willian Boit Silva
United States
California
flag msg tools
malkaven wrote:
The is one of the few resins that I sold off after purchasing. I really like the model some days and other days I don't. I think it's the art. The art is amazing and I don't think it was captured as well as it could have been when it was converted to a model. Hopefully some really cool armor sets are included in this one. Either way though I bet this is a $70 expansion because of the size of the monster alone.


I have the same thoughs about the screaming antelope.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:
Probably one of my least favorite models. It feels too similar to the Phoenix and the pose is a little too dynamic for my tastes. When you fight it, it will always be tearing some dude apart. Lame. But hey, let's get it out of the way so we can get to the Mountain Man, Ring-tailed Fox (please!), Lotus, Honeycomb Weaver, etc.


for me the mountain man is the least exciting sculpt, hes weird but abit bland for my tastes. im not a huge fan of the gryphon sculpt either but i do like the lore surrounding it and obviously its huge which is a bonus.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B K
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gorkel wrote:
Geoff wrote:
Is that tail a penis with a face?


it looks like a penis, but the gryphon does have a penis where a penis should be so its either a penis with a face or a face that happens to resemble a penis.

I guess Poots said something like.. " i like it, you have done a great job with this design but there is one thing this gryphon needs, make its tale a penis with a face and we got our design."


I picture is like the 'More Cowbell' skit...

Guys, guys, I like what I'm seeing, but it needs more dicks... I got a fever and the only cure is...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.