Germany
Lauchringen
Baden-W├╝rttemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Most people wanted to get Heldentaufe for christmas, but this will not happen:

Dear Backers of Heldentaufe,

with a heavy heart I have to carry the disappointing news that something occurred that will delay fulfilment for another few weeks. We wish this hadn't happened and we wish we wouldn't have to fill your shiny eyes with tears. But the truth is: people make mistakes, even factories are only human and it happened to us, too.
What happened?

Our manufacturer accidentally equipped the games with 16mm dice instead of the 20mm dice that we have ordered. Unfortunately they didn't notice the mistake before they had put everything together. From what I understood, the games were already in shrink wrap and ready to be shipped when they noticed it in a random sample.

This whole campaign has always been full of love, not a single word of harassment or even disappointment has been raised and I am very, very happy that you have made this such a wonderful experience for us. i know from many other campaigns that sometimes emotions and debates boil up and over. Please bear with our manufacturer. Like I said, mistakes happen. We are all disappointed to say the least, but they have been very supportive throughout the whole process. We still have a good relationship. They wanted to address you personally:

Dear Backers of "Heldentaufe",

we regret to have to inform you that there will be a delay in production of this game. Upon assembly we encountered a mistake. The dice we received were of the wrong size. We received standard dice in 16mm instead of the large dice required for "Heldentaufe". The mistake was Ludo Fact's, but it was not spotted until this week when the dice arrived. We will do our utmost to get new dice quickly but the dice have to be produced specifically for this game. There will be a delay of a few weeks over the Holidays and then hopefully only for a short time required for the manufacturing of the new dice.

We want to make sure that you are all aware that the project was very much on track until this week and that the project creator is not to blame for the delay. We apologize for the mistake.

Sincerely Sandra Gross and Frank Jaeger
LUDO FACT Germany

I personally wouldn't mind a delay if it wasn't at the end of the year. The worst part about it is that we miss Christmas and I am well aware that some of you had high hopes to hold the game in your hands by then. We are very very sorry that this happened.

We will keep you posted about the new time-line in future updates. Latest news is that Ludo Fact expects to have everything together in mid January.

Waving a sad goodbye
Daniel & Team Heldentaufe
15.12.2016-22:26:04 sobluecry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Boardgaming is not a matter of life or death...
badge
...it's much more important than that!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Daniel
Shit happens. At the most inconvient times, to boot.
I, for my part, think it was worth the wait and will be the short delay.

Thanks for the open information policy.

Keep up the good work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not send out the games with the smaller dice now, and follow up with the larger dice later?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Barille
msg tools
I wondered that myself, figure it has to be cheaper to mail a small bag of dice to everyone than to open each box, replace the dice, and wrap them again. Maybe not. Either way this delay not gonna kill me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John R.
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have loved to have the game sooner and receive the larger dice later. However, the responses from the designer on the KS page indicate that the work is already underway to replace them. It would also have cost more to ship the dice separately. I assume Ludo Fact is going to eat the cost of the extra work themselves, but I doubt paying for additional shipping is something they'd cover.

I am trying not to be too disappointed. cry This is the game I was most looking forward to receiving in 2016 (now 2017...) but, yeah, stuff happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtiss Cox
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Falccor77 wrote:
I wondered that myself, figure it has to be cheaper to mail a small bag of dice to everyone than to open each box, replace the dice, and wrap them again. Maybe not. Either way this delay not gonna kill me.

Replacing the one component in each box is probably going to be a LOT easier and less expensive since they are all still in house.

Even if it's just a small parcel, it would be a costly challenge to send one out to every backer all over the world.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
timeodanaos wrote:
I would have loved to have the game sooner and receive the larger dice later. However, the responses from the designer on the KS page indicate that the work is already underway to replace them. It would also have cost more to ship the dice separately. I assume Ludo Fact is going to eat the cost of the extra work themselves, but I doubt paying for additional shipping is something they'd cover.

I am trying not to be too disappointed. :cry: This is the game I was most looking forward to receiving in 2016 (now 2017...) but, yeah, stuff happens.

Heldentaufe is on the BGG list for the most anticipated games 2017. You can give it a thumbs up over there :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mad props to Ludo for writing that message directly to backers. I don't think I've ever seen a factory take full responsibility for a delay, even when it was 100% their fault. Good on ya Ludo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Mad props to Ludo for writing that message directly to backers. I don't think I've ever seen a factory take full responsibility for a delay, even when it was 100% their fault. Good on ya Ludo.

I have seen it before during a Kickstarter campaign. Yes, it was very nice of them to step forward and tell everyone what happened.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.