Steffen Beck
Germany
Passau
flag msg tools
designer
mb
As a newbie this is confusing:

Quote:
"When it is purchased, put its train and treasury in the corporation’s treasury and replace its token with an extra one.

What token, where? This is only mentioned in the "Private Company Abilities" section, not under "3.1 Private Company Overview" or "3.32 Distribution Procedure" or even the "Detailed Example of Play" where one would expect this properly explained.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Gómez
Spain
Alcalá de Henares
Madrid
flag msg tools
Aquí irá una frase ingeniosa
badge
No me toques los meeples
mbmbmbmbmb
Big 4 and Michigan Southern have their own token, which are placed on the map after the private company is purchased by a player. When one of these private companies are purchased by a railroad, you have to remove the token of the private company and replace it with a spare token of that railroad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
sugadaddy wrote:
What token, where? This is only mentioned in the "Private Company Abilities" section

Incorrect. The Independent tokens are first mentioned in 3.23. The MS token can be seen in the OR examples on page 8 and both the MS and Big 4 tokens appear in the Detailed Example of Play on pages 15 and 16.

The rule for replacing a token upon purchasing an Independent appears in 6.92, part of the rules section "Purchasing Private Cos", as well as on page 12.

The fact that RR corporations *have* extra tokens that are used upon purchasing the MS, Big 4, or C&WI is explained in the note after 5.34, launching a corporation, which is the point where a new player will see that they have some extra tokens and wonder what they are used for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Beck
Germany
Passau
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Membrillo wrote:
Big 4 and Michigan Southern have their own token, which are placed on the map after the private company is purchased by a player.

ok thanks, guys. Could you please point me to this rule where it is placed on the map upon player purchase?

Under 3.23 it says: "Give the Michigan Southern and Big 4 Independent Railroads each its initial treasury, equal to its list price (without debt), even if its actual price was reduced below this, train, and token."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TonyKR
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
I don't have the rules in front of me, but don't the Big 4 and MS have that information on the cards themselves? I'm sure Tom will be by shortly to point out where in the rules it's detailed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van der Hoorn
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pugnax555 wrote:
don't the Big 4 and MS have that information on the cards themselves?

Yup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Beck
Germany
Passau
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Quote:
Big 4 and MS have that information on the cards themselves?

ah yes, thanks that's where it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.