Chris R.
United States
Unspecified
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"The latest round of attacks on Christian symbols (recently estimated at over 50) comes just months after Bild covered 40 other instances, ranging from a smashed angel statue in Dülmen-Weddern to similar destruction of a Virgin Mary statue at Agatha Church in Dülmen-Rorup."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/dec/15/christian-st...

"There are many reports of similar events taking place even inside churches and cathedrals in France and Italy."

http://www.therebel.media/over_fifty_christian_statues_vanda...

"In Iraq, there are people who are killed because they are sculptors; because they are artists. ISIS view them as apostate. So continuing to sculpt is a message that we will not be intimidated by those devils." -- 17-year-old sculptor and Assyrian Christian from the ancient city of Nimrud which once formed the capital of an Assyrian empire reaching from Egypt to parts of modern-day Iran and Turkey

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/17/middleeast/nimrud-iraq-mosul-a...

Town in France Ordered to Remove Virgin Mary Statue

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/france-religion-virgin-mary...

"The statue, which currently sits on municipal land and is owned by a Roman Catholic association, angered many...

The town's mayor, Gaston Lacroix wrote in a tweet: 'I think I have an open mind, but I can't stand this new tyranny.'"

(I guess things come down one way or another.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
2015 Saw a Record Number of Attacks on US Mosques
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/06/islamophobia-ris...

In 2014 Anti-Semitic Incidents Rose 21 Percent Across The U.S. In A “Particularly Violent Year for Jews”
http://www.adl.org/press-center/press-releases/anti-semitism...://www.google.co.uk/#.WFO8J2SLT9A
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
sikeospi wrote:

"The statue, which currently sits on municipal land and is owned by a Roman Catholic association, angered many...

...when it was first put up in 2011 in violation of existing law, according to your article; it's being relocated to private property.

sikeospi wrote:

Man, it's a tribute to Christians' character that they can bear such oppression without peevish complaints about how they're the real victims in western civilization.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mutton Chops
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sikeospi wrote:
"The latest round of attacks on Christian symbols (recently estimated at over 50) comes just months after Bild covered 40 other instances, ranging from a smashed angel statue in Dülmen-Weddern to similar destruction of a Virgin Mary statue at Agatha Church in Dülmen-Rorup."

"There are many reports of similar events taking place even inside churches and cathedrals in France and Italy."

"In Iraq, there are people who are killed because they are sculptors; because they are artists. ISIS view them as apostate. So continuing to sculpt is a message that we will not be intimidated by those devils." -- 17-year-old sculptor and Assyrian Christian from the ancient city of Nimrud which once formed the capital of an Assyrian empire reaching from Egypt to parts of modern-day Iran and Turkey

The town's mayor, Gaston Lacroix wrote in a tweet: 'I think I have an open mind, but I can't stand this new tyranny.'"

What's your point, here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sikeospi wrote:

That tweet was actually by Jacques Clostermann - who is a FN member.

This is actually poor reporting by newsmax. The ITV site (linked to by newsmax) seems to make an error attributing the quote to Lacroix even though they show the tweet from Clostermann. The BBC report got the attribution correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Staff
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mutton_chops wrote:
sikeospi wrote:

What's your point, here?

Muslims stink
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mutton Chops
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Diabolik771 wrote:
mutton_chops wrote:
sikeospi wrote:

What's your point, here?

Muslims stink

Well...if that were the case, why the last story, which has nothing to do with Muslims? And the third story seems to be more about resistance to ISIS' vandalism than Islam per se.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Diabolik771 wrote:
mutton_chops wrote:
What's your point, here?

Muslims stink

So we can judge all Muslims based on the actions of a few? I guess that makes all Christians pretty awful as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
it'sno big deal they are all two faced, they can just turn the other cheek anyways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
growlley wrote:
it'sno big deal they are all two faced, they can just turn the other cheek anyways.

laugh Well-played!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dominionists, the Christian Counterpart To ISIS, Aspire To Commit Similar Destruction of Historic Sites

> Excerpts from the December 1, 2016 Right Wing Watch news story by Kyle Mantyla entitled:

Right-Wing Author Paul Hair Hopes President Trump Will Literally Dismantle The Historic Stonewall Inn

Right-wing author Paul Hair, who recently co-wrote “Hating Jesus: The American Left’s War on Christianity” with anti-LGBT activist Matt Barber, has a new column up over at Barber’s BarbWire.com website in which he calls on President-elect Donald Trump to strip the Stonewall Inn of its designation as a national historic site, which he hopes will be a first step to literally tearing down the building.

This photograph of the Stonewall Inn was taken in the late 1960s. It's located in Greenwich Village in New York City. The sign in its window read at the time: "We homosexuals plead with our people to please help maintain peaceful and quiet conduct on the streets of the Village."

The Stonewall riots (also referred to as the Stonewall uprising or the Stonewall rebellion) were a series of spontaneous, violent demonstrations by members of the gay (LGBT) community against a police raid that took place in the early morning hours of June 28, 1969, at the Stonewall Inn, located in the Greenwich Village neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City. They are widely considered to constitute the single most important event leading to the Gay Liberation movement and the modern fight for LGBT rights in the United States.

Angered over the dismantling of Confederate monuments, Paul Hair hopes that Trump’s Presidency will provide an “opportunity to strike back by working to dismantle the Stonewall Inn in New York City” and ultimately “wipe out its stain on American history.”

Paul Hair wrote:

Demonizing and destroying American culture includes elevating evil. This is why the Obama regime honored sodomy by designating the Stonewall National Monument in June of this year.

Donald Trump should reverse that designation when he becomes president. And while he likely wouldn’t order the subsequent dismantling of the Stonewall Inn, the removal of the national monument designation would open the way for someone else to do so.

There already is a movement urging the incoming Trump administration to undo the Obama regime’s massive land grab. That land grab included designating the Stonewall Inn and many other areas of land as parts of national monuments.

There’s no reason those objecting to America honoring sodomy couldn’t join the larger movement to undo all the national monuments Obama designated at large. And if that effort proves successful, it then would make it possible to destroy the Stonewall Inn and wipe out its stain on American history.

There will never again be unity in America. The culture war is permanent and peace is impossible. But fighting back isn’t.

Dismantling the Stonewall Inn is a longshot, but if it ever happened it would be a great counterstrike against the progressives and their War on America.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
Paul Hair wrote:
There will never again be unity in America. The culture war is permanent and peace is impossible.

Fuck this guy; he is the problem.

Reminds me of everyone's favorite Austrian painter: "People sometimes say to me: `Be careful! You will have twenty years of guerrilla warfare on your hands!' I am delighted at the prospect! [...] Germany will remain in a state of perpetual alertness."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmb
Burning times Inkubus Sukkubus

"Forget not the days of old
And recall the stories told
Of the burnings and the screams
Do they ever haunt your dreams?

There was a time when freedom died
It was an age of genocide
The Inquisition at the door
The Church of Rome in a holy war

They broke children on the wheel
In the madness of their zeal
In the shadow of their wake
The innocent burning at the stake

Children resist a return to the burning times
People be wise to the power of their lies
Be not fooled as those who were fooled before
Children, oh children, be free, be wild

They came to bring the good news
To burn witches, pagans, Jews
Said they were the Shepherds sheep
Whipped old women through the streets

Then the turning of the tide
From the truth they could not hide
Now the darkest age has passed "
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:
cbazler wrote:

So we can judge all Muslims based on the actions of a few? I guess that makes all Christians pretty awful as well.

You truly are a mindless cunt.

The worst of the Christians burn Korans and put graffiti on Mosques meanwhile the worst of the Muslims are doing do this to Christians...

I could probably post 20-30 pictures of decapitated Christians. Some of this shit ISIS does and has photographed just should not be posted.

But cunts like you should be forced to look at it and get your fucking head out of the sand.

And yes Christians kill Muslims but not nearly in the same numbers right now and not nearly with the same malice and barbarism as groups like ISIS. And you probably will bring up Africa like that stupid cunt slater but the Muslims start this shit first. Wherever this mind cancer goes violence comes with it.

Cunt.

Horrific images snip

Yeah, and all Italians were in league with the Mafia, all Christian are guilty of the massacres done in their name. Blah Blah Blah

You get some kind of award for constantly putting your deranged religious hatred on display, or are you doing it for our "entertainment"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
maybe there is some freedom?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
hyperbolus wrote:
cbazler wrote:

The worst of the Christians burn Korans and put graffiti on Mosques meanwhile the worst of the Muslims are doing do this to Christians...

I could probably post 20-30 pictures of decapitated Christians. Some of this shit ISIS does and has photographed just should not be posted.

But cunts like you should be forced to look at it and get your fucking head out of the sand.

And yes Christians kill Muslims but not nearly in the same numbers right now and not nearly with the same malice and barbarism as groups like ISIS. And you probably will bring up Africa like that stupid cunt slater but the Muslims start this shit first. Wherever this mind cancer goes violence comes with it.

Cunt.

Horrific images snip

Yeah, and all Italians were in league with the Mafia, all Christian are guilty of the massacres done in their name. Blah Blah Blah

You get some kind of award for constantly putting your deranged religious hatred on display, or are you doing it for our "entertainment"

Oh, did hyperbolus say something? I must have triggered him.

It's too bad my whole point was lost on him: that posting a bunch of pictures of individuals doing something awful is not "proof" of how everyone with similar beliefs acts.

Unfortunately, that's all he ever does in RSP. He basically saw my pictures of vandalism on mosques and responded with "Yeah, but they deserved it!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:

Horrific images snip

That is your entire view on Islam summed up.

The only silver lining from Trump winning was imagining how angry it made you. I must have laughed for two straight hours that night.

You should move to Germany so you can be culturally enriched by the Islamists.

LOLOLOLOL cunt.

Actually this is my view on Islam and other religions in this country

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Its called the First Amendment. If you have trouble comprehending its meaning (which apparently you do) have someone explain it to you.

They also may explain that using an obscenity is not a real substitute for a logical rebuttal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pinook wrote:
Stuff

Ok the whole beat up on all Muslims because of the bad actions of a small minority of them crap really upsets me for a lot of good reasons.

HOWEVER this argument line is just false on so many levels.

Iraq and Afghanistan's invasions were NOT about Christians vs Muslims in any fashion. It was about dealing with evil governments in place doing lots of evil to their own people that happened to spill over into other nations to the point that other nations decided to so something about it.

While staying out of Iraq and Afghanistan certainly would have reduced US military casualties.... it would not necessarily have lowered the overall MUSLIM death toll in any significant way.

We can only know for sure what one path, the path taken resulted in, but we can with some reasonable extrapolation estimate what probably would have happened with a different path.

So for death numbers to have relative meaning you would have to compare it to the number of people who died under the old regimes and then estimate the likely number who would have died if we had NOT invaded.

The Documentation Center for Human Rights in Iraq has compiled documentation on over 600,000 civilian political executions in Iraq under Hussein. Human Rights Watch reported that in one operation alone, the Anfal, Saddam killed 100,000 Kurdish Iraqis. Another 500,000 Iraqis are estimated to have died in the war with Iran. (plus uncounted Iranians)

So over the 24 years at a minimum, somewhere between 70 and 125 civilian deaths per day were directly caused by Saddam. Plus then add military deaths and you find a lot of Muslim people died directly from the previous regime's policies. This doesn't count any extra deaths from the poorer diet or restricted medical care or other oppressive conditions people faced for being on the regime's "want them to die" list. Or the kids Saddam's policies orphaned.

I suspect that if one cared enough to do the digging you could find out how many people on average daily were tortured, maimed, orphaned or outright killed under the Taliban regime in Afghanistan as well. I do know that overall the majority Afghanistan's people are still grateful for our intervention.

So Muslims would have continued dying with or without our "invasion" because the regimes they were suffering under killed lots of people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmb
"iraq and Afghanistan's invasions were NOT about Christians vs Muslims in any fashion. It was about dealing with evil governments in place doing lots of evil to their own people that happened to spill over into other nations to the point that other nations decided to so something about it. "

And you really believe that? Hahaha.

The cause of the war was because Sadam decided to shift the price of oil off the $ and without that your country loses a lot of influence and power.

So an example had to be made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

hyperbolus wrote:
cbazler wrote:

Cunt.

We can be assured that Dominionists will be much more humane in their persecution, stoning, imprisonment, and/or execution of those whom they deem as "The Wicked".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Mountain
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:

I could probably post 20-30 pictures of decapitated Christians.

you collect pretty weird things.

Ever considered stamp collecting? It's much saner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickie Crickets
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:

Man, it's a tribute to Christians' character that they can bear such oppression without peevish complaints about how they're the real victims in western civilization.

They're probably just exhausted, seeing as we're entering the final month of Christmas celebration here in the U.S.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmb
No lad, they are just jealous because they are no longer allowed to burn people or duck witches anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
hyperbolus wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:

Horrific images snip

The only silver lining from Trump winning was imagining how angry it made you. I must have laughed for two straight hours that night.

LOLOLOLOL cunt.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Its called the First Amendment. If you have trouble comprehending its meaning (which apparently you do) have someone explain it to you.

They also may explain that using an obscenity is not a real substitute for a logical rebuttal

That only applies to current citizens. Non-Citizens are another story. There are many things the US can do to stop the spread of Islam in other countries around the world and I think that is exactly what they should do.

So ISIS = all of Islam to you? I have a couple of Muslim friends. They despise ISIS and don't act like them at all. But how can that be because they're Muslim?

My head just starts spinning when I can't think in blanket black and white terms. Time for a couple of aspirin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:
mrspank wrote:
hyperbolus wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
hyperbolus wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:

Horrific images snip

LOLOLOLOL cunt.

That only applies to current citizens. Non-Citizens are another story. There are many things the US can do to stop the spread of Islam in other countries around the world and I think that is exactly what they should do.

So ISIS = all of Islam to you? I have a couple of Muslim friends. They despise ISIS and don't act like them at all. But how can that be because they're Muslim?

My head just starts spinning when I can't think in blanket black and white terms. Time for a couple of aspirin.

This quote from Islamic Imperialism by Efraim Karsh sums up my view of Islam as an ideology pretty well.

Quote:

As a universal religion, Islam envisages a global political order in which all humankind will live under Muslim rule as either believers or subject communities. In order to achieve this goal it is incumbent on all free, male, adult Muslims to carry out an uncompromising struggle "in the path of Allah", or jihad. This in turn makes those parts of the world that have not yet been conquered by the House of Islam an abode of permanent conflict (Dar al-Harb, the "house of war") which will only end with Islam's eventual triumph.

Nothing like quoting a Jewish scholar from Israel, that has a disparaging view of Palestinians, on Islam. May as well quote Hitler on Judaism while you're at it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.