1960: The Making of the President» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Battle for New York rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Konstantin Lubsky
Germany
M√ľnchen
flag msg tools

Just bought 1960 and tried it out solitaire. I discovered that for both sides I concentrated heavily on just New York because it is the state with the most votes thus neglecting almost everything else in the game.

So I'd like to ask you: is this also a common problem in 2-player games that everything resolves only around who gets New York? And how can you avoid it? Thank you in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Woodward
United States
Bowling Green
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't say I've played a lot, but I've never found this to be a problem. The West tends to get ignored, but not the rest of the map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Konstantin wrote:

Just bought 1960 and tried it out solitaire. I discovered that for both sides I concentrated heavily on just New York because it is the state with the most votes thus neglecting almost everything else in the game.

So I'd like to ask you: is this also a common problem in 2-player games that everything resolves only around who gets New York? And how can you avoid it? Thank you in advance!

The same could be asked about European Control in Twilight Struggle.

Sure, you can concentrate on it, but if you do so to the exclusion of the rest of the board you may find yourself losing in a landslide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B B

Baldwin City
KS
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen it in a lot of the games I've played, but everytime somebody has used the New York centric strategy it has cost them the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.