Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So after picking up a set of Challenge decks in a trade, I decided to dive into MECCG again. Re-reading the rules I hit a section in the sstandard rules where it states, (paraphrasing), a player only can draw cards when moving a company if the company has a character of mind 3 or greater.

???

Now I assume this is there to stop some degenerate strategy that I haven't thought of yet, but it leaves me some questions. I assume this overrides the "one card is always drawn when moving a company rule"? And how about the opponent? Do they get to draw card(s) when this happens?

Thanks for any answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
You spin me right round, baby - Right round like a record, baby - Right round round round - You spin me right round, baby…
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Question on the "Limits to drawing cards" - Standard Rul
Windopaene wrote:
Now I assume this is there to stop some degenerate strategy that I haven't thought of yet, but it leaves me some questions. I assume this overrides the "one card is always drawn when moving a company rule"? And how about the opponent? Do they get to draw card(s) when this happens?

This rule is there to counter the ever popular Easterling Camp Express. You play a low mind character in Lorien and head for Easterling Camp. Whatever happens to the poor character you get to draw 4 cards. This is harder to do if a three mind character is required. It's also popular to move between two havens with a high body low mind character. If if he gets wounded he'll heal in the haven and will soon be ready to go again. This can be dangerous of course against certain decks that pack a lot of permanent events.

Whatever character you move with your opponent still gets to draw cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Re: Question on the "Limits to drawing cards" - Standard Rul
Note that a Wizard, while not having a mind value, is enough to allow you to draw cards when moved.

Windopaene wrote:
I assume this overrides the "one card is always drawn when moving a company" rule?

Yes.

Windopaene wrote:
And how about the opponent? Do they get to draw card(s) when this happens?

Yes, they still draw (even if you cannot).

Have fun! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.