We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checking I've understood correctly, but I believe you only reveal a defense (or "defence"! ) card as part of the Attack sequence?

At least, I can't find any reference to revealing such a card outside of the Attack steps.

So, you never reveal a defense card if any figure suffers damage due to any other effect? eg. the Super Shotgun's bonus red die roll against a figure adjacent to the defender, as pictured on LtP pg 6.

Bonus unblockable damage, yay! Well, I'm sure there will be other abilities that might block it... and it is only 1 red die in that example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. The additional damage is considered part of the resolution to your action card, for example the shotgun card, "Up Close & Personal," deals its damage to the defender demon, then as part of its action card resolution would deal unpreventable damage to nearby demons based on the one red die that is rolled.

You only ever get to reveal a defense card when you are the direct defender to an attacker. The key here is that the bonus damage from the above example states that the demon would suffer damage equal to wounds rolled on one red die, and not that you would perform an attack against an adjacent demon with one red die, because then you would have a defender and an attacker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dennis Vandepoel
Belgium
Hombeek
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
And what about the little shield on though monsters?
Ex: shoot an imp and you with supershotgun, you roll 1hit on the red die to get to the adjacent cyberdemon. Does he get hurt or not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DivisionX wrote:
And what about the little shield on though monsters?
Ex: shoot an imp and you with supershotgun, you roll 1hit on the red die to get to the adjacent cyberdemon. Does he get hurt or not?

I think those shield & dodge icons are only ever applied if triggered by the special defense icon on the defense(event) card that is revealed. So I guess they would be ignored in that situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kurt de vos
Belgium
bredene
belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i think what he means is the shield icon next to the hp , only the big demons have those , i believe that shield counts towards all damage , cause they are the big ones .

the overlord may have some cool stuff aswell , the marines are OP as they are for now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gomoriki wrote:
i think what he means is the shield icon next to the hp , only the big demons have those , i believe that shield counts towards all damage , cause they are the big ones .

the overlord may have some cool stuff aswell , the marines are OP as they are for now

Ah, of course... the "Toughness" icons...
Quote:
TOUGHNESS
Certain types of demon are inherently difficult to kill. Each of these demon types has toughness, which is identified by a shield icon (????) next to its health value on its demon card. While defending, a demon with toughness always adds one ???? to its defense.

So, I suppose the answer depends on whether a demon is technically "defending" when it suffers damage (without revealing a defense card) outside of an "Attack".

EDIT: My interpretation...
Attack => draw card to "defend",
Suffer Damage => place damage tokens immediately

So I'd still suggest they're not applied, but am open to persuasion/better evidence in the aid of the invader!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Peacock
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Pudsy wrote:
Gomoriki wrote:

Ah, of course... the "Toughness" icons...
Quote:
TOUGHNESS
Certain types of demon are inherently difficult to kill. Each of these demon types has toughness, which is identified by a shield icon (????) next to its health value on its demon card. While defending, a demon with toughness always adds one ???? to its defense.

So, I suppose the answer depends on whether a demon is technically "defending" when it suffers damage (without revealing a defense card) outside of an "Attack".

EDIT: My interpretation...
Attack => draw card to "defend",
Suffer Damage => place damage tokens immediately

So I'd still suggest they're not applied, but am open to persuasion/better evidence in the aid of the invader!

I agree and it's status quo with FFG. suffered means suffered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.