Gregory Amstutz
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here we go again:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/15/arts/television/bernard-fo...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I dunno. I just can't care very much. He was a bit character I vaguely remember from Bewitched, I show I haven't watched in at least 25 years, and he lived to 89. I don't see how his death is particularly noteworthy.

I doubt I ever thought about this guy beyond the time he was on screen and I'll probably never think of him again. Surely there are other character actors that had minor parts in television series that also died this year, or last year, or the year before, that went unnoticed or at least unannounced here.

As far as "2016 is horrible!" did anyone particularly care about this actor? If he'd been the only famous person to die this year would any of us have lamented about how horrible 2016 was for taking this guy?

I don't mean to be harsh, I'm sure he was an interesting, good guy, but if you had asked people to list all the famous actors they know, not even like, just know, how many would have even put this guy on their list? You'd have to scrape the barrel pretty hard before this guy made it onto your list.

Sure, there's the "Oh, him? Yeah, I remember that guy" thing that everybody does when someone famous dies, but all that means is that you devoted a sliver of memory space to him... not that you particularly cared/liked/thought about the guy, ever. If he hadn't died, or if you'd never heard about it, you'd probably never have given him a second thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
Heaven wrote:
Calling Dr Bombay...calling Dr Bombay!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
LennyS wrote:
Heaven wrote:
Calling Dr Bombay...calling Dr Bombay!
oh man! THAT was 'heard' by "moi' in MEIN-'mind' as Samantha Stevens-voice! How's about that 'Vexing Vixen Cousin' of hers too, eh? cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All of this "2016 is horrible because _____________ died" is making me sick to my stomach, figuratively. This year I had to replace a busted toilet, a breaker box to my house, a washing machine, a starter, an alternator, a transmission, passed kidney stone #7.

I think how rough the year was for me, then I look at my friend dying of brain cancer and another friend that lost his wife, father and mother this year.

I got nothing to bitch about. And neither do folks that wail over the passing of someone that entertained them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
We imply 'condolences' further through "thoughtful expressions" RENOWN of these folks as that is what mattered as their 'remembrances' from them of any WHOM that 'cared'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.