Surviving: One month in» Forums » General

Subject: Banned by Russ Kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Son Do
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Posting this thread for the backers of Surviving who haven't recieved their pledge:

Due to complete radio silence from the creator and many backers who were sent the wrong pledge or none at all, I posted Teddy Tech's mailing company address on KS comments page to help other backers get in contact with Russell, as it seemed the creator was not logging in at all.

Then I got hit with a ban from Kickstarter. It would seem Russ (the creator) doesn't log into KS anymore so his activity is not recorded BUT he still reads the comments page and flagged my comment to KS claiming my comment was abusive.

It wasn't abusive. But yes, it breached their t&c about posting personal details. Thanks Russ, you monitor the comments, but don't log in to send backers their missing games.

After my ban, I then posted two more comments stating that Russ had banned me using his KS henchmen and advised other backers not to post his company's mailing address or risk being banned themselves.

Guess what? Russ reported me again and KS banned me again for 'abusive comments'. Now, let me be crystal clear here, none of my comments were abusive, in fact they were to assist other backers in the community, which Russ had abandoned. I even suggested in one post writing Russ a polite but firm letter asking for the game he owed them.

Now how do I know it was Russ? PM me as I've figured out what type of guy this creator is and he'll use moderators to shut up open discussion and discourse about his poor customer service and wreck of a kickstarter project!

Poor show Russ, poor show. I'll be waiting for you to contact BGG admin to report me for abusive comments here to!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Son Do
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Lenny

I am currently in dialogue with KS about the 'abusive comments' claims that the creator is alleging. Of course I will contest this as this is a abuse of process from both Russ and KS. There were no abusive comments made by me and I have documented all the mails so far to evidence this to have my current 2nd ban lifted.

Please be careful what you post in the comments section in the KS as Russ is 'silently' monitoring it without logging in. I am waiting for Russ to report this thread as well as he does not like discussions about his project despite owing backers fulfillment of their games.

Seeing as I can no longer post on KS, can I ask you please to let the other backers/victims know that I have reported Russ to KS and I urge they do as well, otherwise they will never see their copy. Let them know we can discuss it on a more open forum such as this thread on BGG, and I am willing to chase up copies of their games (owed to them) for them as I am in the same country as Russ and can write to him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Son Do
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
A recent post from a backer on KS:

"There's a lot of flat out lies being thrown around right now, so for the record: I am the person who has been reporting the people posting the creator's email address and asking people to, amongst other things, go there and kneecap him.

When people started posting his home address and threatening to kneecap him, this all went too far, and since then I've been reporting breaches of Kickstarter's community guidelines (see here: https://www.kickstarter.com/help/community) to their integrity team. No-one should be threatened with violence at home because people on the internet are angry at them.

I have no idea if Russ is monitoring these comments, but it's not Russ that's getting the abusive people banned. I am. So put that in your doxxing pipe and smoke it."

I'd like to see the screenshot of the message for this 'kneecapping' business this poster has alleged. Be interesting to compare it to my original posts and screenshots. It would prove one of us to be an outright liar now wouldn't it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Smith
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Since you're posting so publicly, I was a backer, and I can confirm there were posts regarding kneecapping.
It pretty much went by way of someone saying they could arrange for something to happen, and a reply to the effect of "kneecapping is more my style".
It may not be in that exact phrase, but it did happen, just like publishing his home address in the comments twice happened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.