Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
USA 1910 is the first non-convention expansion for Ticket to Ride. This set is more of a proper reworking of the base game than an actual expansion even though it includes a variety of new destination tickets and a new scoring bonus.

Components

USA 1910's most significant improvement is the full sized train cards it includes. This set comes with a full set of the train cards from the base game. The biggest problem with the base game is the small size of the train cards. Many of the people I play TtR with had a real problem distinguishing the red and orange cards. But thanks to the bigger cards with better printing in 1910, this problem seems to be solved.

The printing quality of the new cards is beautiful. The coating of the cards really brings out the color and articulation in the artwork. The new improved card back is also a visual treat.

1910 also includes full size versions of the original destination cards plus the Mystery Train expansion destination cards as well as some new destination cards designed specifically for this set. The new versions of the originals gorgeous, featuring better detail as well as brighter colors.

Rules

USA 1910 offers 3 new ways to play Ticket to Ride.

1. Mega Game - Use all of the original cards plus the Mystery Train and 1910 cards

2. 1910 - Use only cards new to the 1910 set

3. Big Cities - Use only the cards marked Big City. This is surely the best way to play TtR 2-player

1910 also offers a new scoring bonus. The Globetrotter award gives 15 points to the player who completes the most destination tickets. This is a nice juxtaposition from the Longest Train bonus.

Overall

I love USA 1910. I think this expansion is the only way to improve on Ticket to Ride. The bigger, brighter train cards, new and improved destination tickets, and play variants all add a really nice visual touch to the game.

If you are a fan of Ticket to Ride, this expansion is a must-have. This will make your TtR experience even better than before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
Weston
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Finishing Blow
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Mega Game is "the" way to play T2R.

Thank you for the review.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree completely, but I think Big Cities sounds like a lot of fun for 2-player, making the game cutthroat. Otherwise 2-player can turn into 2 person solitair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.