Star Realms» Forums » Rules

Subject: Battlecruiser rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raj B
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
This ships Primary ability has 5 HIT and its scrapping ability says it can destroy a target base.

If my opponent has an Outpost can I use the Scrapping ability to destroy it a use the HIT on my opponent instead of wasting my HIT on the Outpost?

In most games the order of how things go matter, as in if I scrapped my Battlecruiser it obviously can't HIT anymore but in this game it seems order does not matter, as in you pool all your resources (HIT, Authority, Trade) first and then use them how you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Myers
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
koolkat67 wrote:
If my opponent has an Outpost can I use the Scrapping ability to destroy it a use the HIT on my opponent instead of wasting my HIT on the Outpost?

Correct. The order still matters though if you are playing on the app, so you would obviously want to use the scrap ability first before using your 5 available combat on the base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Lapsley
United States
Verona
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The key here is that damage and trade go into a pool when acquired, to be used when you want, before the end of the turn.

Order is important, but what's happening is that you get 5 attack added to the pool, then you can scrap to destroy the base.
After, you can use attack from the pool to hit your opponent directly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Newton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The order of actions matters and must be done right, you are just misunderstanding the card.

You are correct that for a ship, the primary ability must be resolved the moment that that ship is played and the scrap ability can only be done once the ship is in play. You just misunderstood the primary ability. The primary ability is not to deal 5 damage, it is to put 5 points of combat into your combat pool that, later, will be used to destroy bases or attack your opponent. Scrapping the ship does not remove points already in the pool.

As a more drastic example of attack going into the combat pool, look at Missile Mech. It has a primary ability to add 6 attack to the pool and then destroy target base. If you play it against an opponent who has a Trading Post (4 health outpost) and Blob World (7 health normal base), you cannot use the 6 attack points to destroy the Trading Post and then use the second half of the ability to destroy Blob World. You get the attack points into your attack pool and then immediately need to decide on a target for the destroy effect. Since your opponent has an outpost, you cannot target a normal base. Once you are done fully resolving the ship's ability, you can use the attack points that it provides, but no earlier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.