Combat Commander: Europe» Forums » General

Subject: Thoughts on the game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ste M
msg tools
Hi,
I tried the first scenario.
German took house then the fight was soviet who shoot from forest and German who shoot from the house. Rolling card dice and make calculations for each unit and 2 calculations for unit and commander hit.
After like 4 turns of calculations 1 unit break and sovietica could go melee.
I feel a little static
Or maybe I'm used to hexgame like cc ancient where there are more cc and less shoot from a given position. I felt a bit boring maybe coz was 1st apscenario.
I am trying to find a good ww2 tactical game...
It's better coh? Grant I know how to play (I mean the rules) of cc Europe and I dunno anything of coh...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WELCOME, Ste M !!

You have all the proper instincts. In CC, at least in scenario 1, sitting back and merely firing is NOT the way to capture the pond house.

As Russians you MUST MOVE ADJACENT AND ADVANCE INTO CLOSE COMBAT !

Forward to victory, Comrades !!

Chick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Play the first scenario 10 more times. Look at how each side can score VPs.

Welcome.

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gunderian007 wrote:
What BoJack said...

Having played hundreds and hundreds of CCE CCM CCP CCX games, I can say these things:

* You will fall down the rabbit hole
* My Attack style is still evolving
* My defense style is still evolving
* I need to go see Rogue One today
* Playing CC everyday online is like breathing
* You will have many moments of frustration
* It is worth it all

Talk like this makes me even sadder that I own almost everything released and have never gotten it to the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I need to learn the game and I find Vassal not to be the most intuitive for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TonyKR
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
senorcoo wrote:
Gunderian007 wrote:
What BoJack said...

Having played hundreds and hundreds of CCE CCM CCP CCX games, I can say these things:

* You will fall down the rabbit hole
* My Attack style is still evolving
* My defense style is still evolving
* I need to go see Rogue One today
* Playing CC everyday online is like breathing
* You will have many moments of frustration
* It is worth it all

Talk like this makes me even sadder that I own almost everything released and have never gotten it to the table.

Set up a scenario and play with yourself!

And then, uhh, try playing the scenario against yourself to get a handle on how it all works (the game works fairly decently as-is for solo play).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pugnax555 wrote:
Set up a scenario and play with yourself!

And then, uhh, try playing the scenario against yourself to get a handle on how it all works (the game works fairly decently as-is for solo play).

And then after soloing a scenario to grok the system, teach a friend and you're good to go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Johnny hastily dug a foxhole, careful not to damage the sticky bomb detonator. The tank rumbled nearer. Fear of being crushed or spotted consumed him; yet seconds later, he deftly slapped the bomb onto a greasy gear and spun for cover, snap-firing...
mbmbmbmbmb
Stefano1234 wrote:

Vader: I find your lack of faith, disturbing... Ackkk! (just kidding)

Stefano1234 wrote:

Yoda: Found one, you have, I would say, hmmmm? he-he-he...

I admit being initially reluctant to fully embrace CC (a long time ago..., ok, not that long ago) but I would emphatically say, stick with it because Combat Commander (win or lose) always results in a dramatic, memorable experience. After a while, merely looking at a map triggers intense emotions. Not many games really offer such satisfying and long lasting rewards.

Yoda: Do or do not. There is no try.

Stick with it and you will be richly rewarded (you will be... you WILL be). Play repeatedly and focus on mastering the flexibility and nuance of the nation decks. This is critical when assessing the needs of your current position and planning your desired objectives.

Using your improved deck knowledge, tweak their cycling rates when possible to better support your perceived imbalances over those of your opponent ('using the force' to increase the probabilities of successfully obtaining prerequisite actions and/or time triggers that favor your plans and/or at least hinder your opponent).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.