Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
Randy had Memoir '44 already set-up when I arrived, so we got right into it. He prefaced the game by saying it would be a "slaughter"... for him. He was quite correct.

The victory objective was for the Americans (played by me) to take three hexes of the town of Toulon, or for either side to eliminate six opposing units. Throughout the game, Randy kept Toulon well fortified, and I basically ignored it and went around killing off his units.

Randy only had infantry (and one artillery unit) to work with, while meanwhile I had one unit each of commandos and rangers, and four tank units, along with a vast infantry contingent.

I began the game with an Assault the Centre card (activate all units in centre) but with most of my forces on the two wings. So, I started bringing forces into the centre whilst also moving my tanks up to take out Randy's forward positions and his artillery. Randy really didn't have enough massed firepower to slow me down. I'd move up a two or three units, cause one of his two defending units to retreat out of LOS, and then pick off the remaining unit.

His artillery was a pain for a while, but - compared to my first experience with his artillery - it didn't survive for too many turns as my tanks rolled in, supported by my commandos.

Randy managed to eliminate two of my units in the entire game. He also reduced a tank unit to a single tank, and another infantry to just two figures, but by no means was it enough. I reached my goal by eliminating six of his units, and never coming close to Toulon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.