Chris Kovac
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I regularly use GIS (Geographic Information System) at work and during a course the teacher mentioned how some people are now using Google Earth as a GIS and overall mapping information tool. So in order to further our hobby and help out the Friendly Neighbourhood Game Stores in our neighbourhoods I propose that we as gamers should locate and map all the game store that we know of. You would need to collect address, name of the store (watch the spelling) and possibly a web connection if possible. I think this would help out the hobby and allow we gamers who travel to locate them. So is there any interest in getting this done or has it already been done (I know some stores are there but not all).

Chris Kovac
Toronto, Canada

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nieman
United States
Simi Valley
California (CA)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure that this has been done, but it's a nice idea. Naturally, one would have to account for any closures, relocations, and updates as they occur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swood
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is essentially done.

All you need a list of game store addresses, which already exists. Then you simply need to geocode those addresses to return Lat/Long and apply that to a map.

And here you have it! http://www.gamestoredb.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. C.
Canada
Toronto Area
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skadar wrote:
This is essentially done.

All you need a list of game store addresses, which already exists. Then you simply need to geocode those addresses to return Lat/Long and apply that to a map.

And here you have it! http://www.gamestoredb.com

I do not want to hijack a thread - is there one for this website?
(I tried to enter a game store but got an error message)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.