Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, these make little to no sense to me. A detention attack will not wound someone, but rather tap them. But any normal strike will do so as well, (unless the defender takes the -3). So is the purpose of these to basically ensure that a character gets tapped? I used a Ents searching for the Entwives, which was a 14 prowess detainment attack. So if a character was trying to stay untapped they would pretty much have to be a total stud with a prowess of 5 or more and roll a 12? (12 - 3 = 9 + 5 = 14)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, that's pretty much it. Detention attacks are generally higher prowess as well so they do have a good chance of tapping the characters facing them. Since you have to tap to do almost anything in the site phase, these can be very effective delays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
You spin me right round, baby - Right round like a record, baby - Right round round round - You spin me right round, baby…
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember that you can't get points for defeating a detainment attack. So even if your opponent should somehow manage to defeat that Ent he still won't get any points for it. This is great when trying to hinder high prowess companies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isley
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ent in search of entwives says "detainment against hero and covert companies" I assume that is what the astrix is for in its MP value...only non hero/covert companies will get the 1 point since you never get the MP point for detainment attacks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course, if you do beat it's prowess, you still gotta make the BC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain K
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
thrasymachus wrote:
Ent in search of entwives says "detainment against hero and covert companies" I assume that is what the astrix is for in its MP value...only non hero/covert companies will get the 1 point since you never get the MP point for detainment attacks?

I *believe* that MP values with an asterix only count as MPs for Minion players.

In fact, all "attacks" from Orc, Troll, Undead, or Men are "detainment" style attacks against Minion players.

(ref Lidless Eye rules online at : http://buonanno.org/MECCG/rules/le_rules.html#pgfId-9569 )

Can more experienced player confirm this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José San Miguel
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Detainment" Attacks
Certain attacks detain targets rather than wound them. When a strike from a detainment attack is successful, an untapped target is tapped instead of being wounded. This represents the target being stopped and questioned. The following types of attacks are detainment attacks:
· Card text will sometimes state that an attack is a detainment attack.
· Any Nazgûl attack against a minion company is a detainment attack.
· Any attack keyed to Dark-domains, Shadow-hold, or Dark-hold is a detainment attack.
· Any Orc, Troll, Undead, or Man attack keyed to Shadow-land is a detainment attack.
The parameters apply if the attack is keyed to the region symbol or site symbol (by type) or if keyed to a region or site by name which happens to be of appropriate type (i.e., has the appropriate symbol).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.