Lee Brimmicombe-Wood
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, as a present for the Crimble holidays, I have uploaded my library of more than 90 unpublished Aircraft Data Cards to my website. I have divided the files into Early and Late war ADCs for convenience. You can go here to download:

http://www.airbattle.co.uk/w_downloads.html

These data cards were compiled to help me develop a consistent ecology of cards across the breadth of the war. They are works in progress and may change before they get published (if they ever get published). They also haven’t been artworked, so what you will see is just the raw data, colour text and variants.

Note that the Early War file also includes the ADCs for Wing Leader: Blitz, so grab them to get an advanced peek.

I have had enquiries about creating scenarios on untouched parts of the war. For example, I’ve had approaches on creating scenarios for Spain, the Netherlands and counterfactual Czech ’38 scenarios. I want to encourage people to create scenarios on these subjects and if you aren’t making scenarios it would be great if you guys could help the scenario creators out by testing their product.

If there are people who would like to make scenarios on any of these subjects, or others such as Poland or China, then have at it! I want to people to make new and interesting content and post it here to BGG. I hope the unpublished ADCs I have posted give you the tools to do that.

There is an ulterior motive for this. If we get enough scenarios, we may have the wherewithal to harvest these for a future expansion, at which point the ADCs go from unpublished to published and we get to make counters for these aircraft. As a rule I make sure that scenario creators get a complimentary copy of the expansion module their work appears in, plus a scenario credit.

Cheers!
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Bosch
Netherlands
Rotterdam
ZH
flag msg tools
badge
In honour of the brave crew of Hr.Ms. Java 27-02-1942 † Battle of the Java Sea
mbmbmbmbmb
Just browsed the early war sheet and Wow. You picked up on the fact that Fokker T.V's where used as fighters. Also the A-17A mentions the 8A-3N and their ill fated use as fighters. And boy you even have a card for the Curtiss-Wright CW-21B interceptor.

All those juicy historically correct details! Mind blown.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Brimmicombe-Wood
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There’s no guarantee that we’ll ever publish any of this stuff. As I’ve said many times before, it all depends on whether we have scenarios for them. If I have a scenario with CW-21s then it makes it far easier for me to put them into a future expansion.

So I’m offering these as a challenge to scenario designers to research some nifty battles in Java, Spain, China, Poland, Mongolia, whatever. Scenarios are the vehicle through which ADCs get published.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lange
United States
Lehi
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely tasty! You have my deepest thanks and wishes for a very Merry Christmas Season.

(I'm anxiously awaiting delivery of Wing Leader: Supremacy...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.