23 Posts

Terraforming Mars» Forums » General

Subject: Game Trayz Player Mat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have the clear Game Trayz player mat? If so, can you place it over top of the play mat that comes with the game so you can see it underneath?

I'm debating getting a set and would like to use them with the existing play mats because it's more appealing to me than solid color chunks of plastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I don't know if tagging someone notifies them, but here's an easy way to contact them.

Noah Adelman

Saint Louis
Missouri
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb

As someone who asked this same question some time ago, "moderately" was the answer at the time. However, as I recall the design changed since I last asked.

There's also the option, by the way, to use stickers (also on sale from GameTrayz) to add a bit of color to the game mat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pacemaker 67
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Sorry, it's a bit out of focus, but it shows relative sizes. I do not like the player mat under the clear game trayz product.

edit: I use the BoardGameBoost product for multiplayer games. The Game Trayz works fine once you know what each tray means (with or without sticker add on), however, the numbers are somewhat hard to read on the Game Trayz product and there is no 0 slot -- just leave the cube off that section... or put it at 20.. It also takes up a bit more table space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Marema
United States
Ellisville
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Noah had originally tried having a tray that would sit on top of the original player mat, but it ended up not being feasible.

If I have time, maybe I'll try creating an "underlay" and post it to the file section here that would work with the clear trayz.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Flanagan
United States
Santa Cruz
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got an overlays from BoardGameBoost
https://www.etsy.com/listing/480579817/terraforming-mars-pla...

Which fits nicely over the player boards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Adelman

Saint Louis
Missouri
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
Valenso wrote:
Noah had originally tried having a tray that would sit on top of the original player mat, but it ended up not being feasible.

If I have time, maybe I'll try creating an "underlay" and post it to the file section here that would work with the clear trayz.

That would be cool, I can see if the place I get the stickers made can make them.

Yea, and there was a lot of great content in the original post with answers, and pictures. But an anonymous admin deleted the whole thread without warning, poof, gone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Connell
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
theflan045 wrote:

Wow $45 without shipping. I only payed like $10 more for the entire game. Way too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijlof
Netherlands
Amersfoort
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jsc19702 wrote:
theflan045 wrote:

Wow $45 without shipping. I only payed like $10 more for the entire game. Way too much.

Wow did you pay that little for the game? It's about $70,- at this side of the pond.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Siebenthall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
_GameTrayz_ wrote:
Valenso wrote:

That would be cool, I can see if the place I get the stickers made can make them.

Yea, and there was a lot of great content in the original post with answers, and pictures. But an anonymous admin deleted the whole thread without warning, poof, gone

Yes, that was disappointing when it was deleted. I think a warning should have been given once someone suspected there were rules' violations underway. Simply trashing without any notice was unkind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijlof
Netherlands
Amersfoort
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
theflan045 wrote:

They look awesome. Just ordered them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal S.
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dirk_M wrote:
theflan045 wrote:

I wish I could affords these. Do you know of any alternatives that are more affordable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Siebenthall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hpark1990 wrote:
Dirk_M wrote:
theflan045 wrote:

I wish I could affords these. Do you know of any alternatives that are more affordable?

How about Gametrayz? You can get a set for around $30.00.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Guthier

Cincinnati
Ohio
msg tools
mbmb
Baraiha wrote:
hpark1990 wrote:
Dirk_M wrote:
theflan045 wrote:

How about Gametrayz? You can get a set for around $30.00.

I have a laminator and for .27 (3 sheets, nine cents each, 2 player mats per sheet) laminated the player mats. You can use dry erase marker pens to mark the mats, or just use the cubes. It's not quite as nice, but hey, it was 27 cents, and will protect the thin player mats from getting torn up. I used the Amazon Basics laminator. Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Adelman

Saint Louis
Missouri
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
Baraiha wrote:

Yes, that was disappointing when it was deleted. I think a warning should have been given once someone suspected there were rules' violations underway. Simply trashing without any notice was unkind.

Yes, no warning, no recourse. was not a thread at all about selling, just getting feedback to make the best product. Why do you think the Overlay threads are allowed to remain when they are selling as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Siebenthall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
_GameTrayz_ wrote:
Baraiha wrote:

Yes, no warning, no recourse. was not a thread at all about selling, just getting feedback to make the best product. Why do you think the Overlay threads are allowed to remain when they are selling as well?

I do not know. Maybe there is a threshold permitted in promoting one's goods, and Admin felt you exceeded it. I think a warning was warranted, not an automatic deletion of the thread.

I hope someone gives you an explanation, otherwise there is no knowledge exchanged regarding what is exactly permitted or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Perello
Canada
Salmo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Want DnDeeples? I'm on Esty as MagnificentMeeples.
mbmbmbmbmb
Baraiha wrote:
_GameTrayz_ wrote:
Baraiha wrote:

I do not know. Maybe there is a threshold permitted in promoting one's goods, and Admin felt you exceeded it. I think a warning was warranted, not an automatic deletion of the thread.

I hope someone gives you an explanation, otherwise there is no knowledge exchanged regarding what is exactly permitted or not.

I had a similar thread deleted a few years ago. It was over 25 pages long with well over 600 replies, one from
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb

himself asking about purchasing the item (I of course sent him several for free...) and one day it was simply gone, no explanation, warning or anything. It seems as though some of the people working for the site can get a little over-zealous at times. My advice, avoid the Admins wrath as much as you can, because they can make life hard...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Adelman

Saint Louis
Missouri
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
Relax wrote:
I had a similar thread deleted a few years ago. It was over 25 pages long with well over 600 replies, one from
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb

himself asking about purchasing the item (I of course sent him several for free...) and one day it was simply gone, no explanation, warning or anything. It seems as though some of the people working for the site can get a little over-zealous at times. My advice, avoid the Admins wrath as much as you can, because they can make life hard...

Not sure you can avoid their wrath, seems pretty random and personal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
mbmbmbmbmb
I got these from Board Game Innovation. Clear acrylic overlays for your player mat and 7 bucks an overlay.

http://www.boardgameinnovation.com/terraforming-mars/

Edit: They're quite nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Dedeaux
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMzchf wrote:
I got these from Board Game Innovation. Clear acrylic overlays for your player mat and 7 bucks an overlay.

I just got mine in and the overlays do not match up with the tracks on the player boards. it's not like the overlay was misprinted either...there are deliberate spaces between rows on each track which space out the cubes (in the overlay)...this prevents the cubes from being on the correct spots on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pacemaker 67
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swgod98 wrote:
MrMzchf wrote:

I just got mine in and the overlays do not match up with the tracks on the player boards. it's not like the overlay was misprinted either...there are deliberate spaces between rows on each track which space out the cubes (in the overlay)...this prevents the cubes from being on the correct spots on the board.

I do not have that product (I have Game Trayz and BoardGameBoost), but this was made for the boardgameinnovation overlays:

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/138897/player-mats-custom...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
The gametrayz are awesome. You don't need them to overlay and they hold the cubes in Position so much better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Dedeaux
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pacemaker67 wrote:
swgod98 wrote:
MrMzchf wrote:

I do not have that product (I have Game Trayz and BoardGameBoost), but this was made for the boardgameinnovation overlays:

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/138897/player-mats-custom...

Thanks guys. I was just about finished modifying a scanned file of the player boards and now I see this!! It's already been done!! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Rigby
United States
Spring Hope
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Designer & Inventor Emeritus
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swgod98 wrote:
MrMzchf wrote:

They are deliberately spaced apart to lend structural integrity. I travel with my games, so the overlays need to be as robust as is feasible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.