Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Domagala
United States
Key West
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Made this post to see if I'm so unlucky or if others had same experience. I placed and order with coolstuffinc beginning of november. One item out of 7 was pre-ordered with the release date of November 18th. Later It was changed to Dec 2nd. I understood when I placed an order that they won't ship any of my items till pre-order game is available.
The problem I'm having is lack of respond from them. I contacted them thru their "contact us" form several times asking if I could Pay for shipping and get my other 6 items shipped or If I can cxl order, what my options are. I have not received a single respond from anyone! I have ordered with them many times before but never had to contact them before so I thought they are good company but not responding to people is not a good way to keep returning customers.
Please let me know if you guys had similar experience with them or any other big retailer so I'll know who to spend my money with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Urich
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always gotten a response within 24 hours, although I don't think they guarantee that speed.

Did you say it was relating to an order and put the order number in the form?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Gustafson
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
“The elements of good trading are: (1) cutting losses, (2) cutting losses, and (3) cutting losses. If you can follow these three rules, you may have a chance.” – Ed Seykota
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always received very prompt responses. Maybe it went to spam.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chelsea
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Give them a call. They have always picked up on the first few rings. Customer service has always been great for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Malbon
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They were very helpful, the one time I had a problem with an order.

I'd try again or call them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is that for some reason they aren't seeing your response, or the person who is supposed to respond is on holiday, or they did respond and it went to your SPAM folder, or they are having technical issues with their email systems, or they hired a lame intern. I specifically excluded any option that involves them seeing your email and ignoring it because they have always been super prompt with any issues I've ever had and have been more than accommodating for issues similar to yours. My group adds games to existing orders all the time, breaks up orders into multiple orders to get part of an order shipped while waiting for other parts, has numerous pre-orders that seem to move between which set of games they are shipping with, and CSI has never had an issue with our schenanigans once. They are a good company. Just give them a call.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Singleton
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My questions regarding a pre-order delay were handled promptly. I would consider their customer service to be very good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Woody
United States
Pottsboro
Texas
flag msg tools
I'm trying to reform though.
badge
On the restless road to nowhere, there's no certain peace it seems.
mbmbmbmbmb
imtylerdurden wrote:
Give them a call. They have always picked up on the first few rings. Customer service has always been great for me.

This ^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virginia M.P.
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had excellent and prompt assistance from their customer service. Always. If you're not, give them a call.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Domagala
United States
Key West
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I send them 3 messages over past 3 weeks. I checked my spam nothing from them at all. Maybe I'll try to call them, see if that helps at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman L.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had an issue once and called but the person I spoke to couldn't seem less interested and had a rather sarcastic tone that is not indicative of quality customer service. Haven't ordered from them since.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mason Rouser
United States
Johnstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you send it to an email address that doesn't get checked? If I recall correctly, when you order from them, the email they send you is not an address you can respond to.

You don't become a market leader by ignoring customers, I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation if it is not my thought above. They took care of me when they forgot to bring my order to Dice Tower Convention last year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I sent them an email about a question but didn't have a response by the next day. So I called their 800 number and they answered my question. I then got a response a day later from my original email.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J S
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So rather than pick up a phone to call them, you prefer to come post here on a forum to bitch/whine about it?

Coolstuff has always gone above and beyond whenever I have had any issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never had problems, but then again, I've always ordered for in-store pickup, and I've never pre-ordered anything from them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Domagala
United States
Key West
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a forum for boardgamers to share their experience. If I have a problem I'm asking community for their opinion and I'm putting my experience for others to see. If you don't have any problems great for you but don't tell me that I should stay quiet about my problem with them. They should keep up their game, If I spend $200 for something I'm expecting top customer service experience and if they have email as the way to contact them I should be able to contact them that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pierce
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
opks22 wrote:
So rather than pick up a phone to call them, you prefer to come post here on a forum to bitch/whine about it?

Coolstuff has always gone above and beyond whenever I have had any issues.

^ yep

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Sunkin
United States
Maitland
Florida
flag msg tools
CSI: Cool Stuff, In Stock
mbmbmbmbmb
anyonepl81 wrote:
Made this post to see if I'm so unlucky or if others had same experience. I placed and order with coolstuffinc beginning of november. One item out of 7 was pre-ordered with the release date of November 18th. Later It was changed to Dec 2nd. I understood when I placed an order that they won't ship any of my items till pre-order game is available.
The problem I'm having is lack of respond from them. I contacted them thru their "contact us" form several times asking if I could Pay for shipping and get my other 6 items shipped or If I can cxl order, what my options are. I have not received a single respond from anyone! I have ordered with them many times before but never had to contact them before so I thought they are good company but not responding to people is not a good way to keep returning customers.
Please let me know if you guys had similar experience with them or any other big retailer so I'll know who to spend my money with.

Hi Peter,

Very sorry you didn't get a response, I'm just now seeing this, I'm not sure what happened as we attempt to answer all emails within 1 business day. Sometimes it does take longer depending on the kind of question. if it's a stock question, in any case yours should have been answered immediately. Not sure if it's an option but we also answer our phone. I will make sure someone contacts you asap.

Thank you for your patience,

Jerry Sunkin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Martin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will second the terrible customer service. They have completely lost my girlfriend as a customer from the rude and insulting behavior exhibited by their customer service representatives. She spoke to them on the phone about an issue with an order. The representative was so rude that she asked who she could file a complaint with, the response she got was a laugh from the rep and a snarky "I don't know, nobody has ever asked that before." If this isn't addressed, I will certainly never shop with them again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Martin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And the review left in response to this experience: Absolutely terrible customer service! A misunderstanding lead to my order being held. Was then told I'd receive free FedEx so it would arrive before Christmas, then changed back to flat rate. Called and was told AGAIN that I would receive free FedEx, but received a voicemail 30min later stating free FedEx was "unavailable". On returning the call I was given no explanation, because the gentleman "did not know the details." Overall terrible first, and last, experience with this company

What it seems like is that CoolStuffInc will not keep their word in regards to promises they make.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Martin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And a similar experience from another customer: I recently placed 2 orders with Cool Stuff Inc. One on November 7th, then a 2nd on November 11th. I chose the $.99 shipping rate. My order on the 7th stated it shipped out the 11th November. My order from the 11th stated it shipped out on the 14th. My 2nd order arrived at my house on the 17th but my first never arrived. Of course this prompted me to e-mail them asking about my order. I was notified because of the shipping rate, I would have to wait until the 28th to state my order was missing. Today is the 28th and my product is still not here. I was told by Jeremiah that I cannot speak to a manager because they do not take calls. I have never heard of a company that refused to let a customer speak to a manager. He even told me they do not have phones! I was refused a re-ship or a refund... again I have never heard of a company doing this. These are completely horrible business practices. They have offered no resolution on how to rectify the situation.

How many more before this is a trend? I'm seriously questioning The Dice Tower network for advertising for this company now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Domagala
United States
Key West
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got everything square away with them by calling direct customer support. Person was very helpful and helped me to remove one pre ordered item that I was waiting for since november 12. I received my order today without that item and I was happy until I just opened coolstuffinc website and item that I removed from my order because they dint know when it will be available is available for sale. I guess 2 days before they didnt know that that game will be available in 2 days I could have wait 2 more days and get it.
Well at least I got the rest of my games. It's christmas, no more complains from me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Malbon
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you got your games, Peter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Martin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lumenarian wrote:
I will second the terrible customer service. They have completely lost my girlfriend as a customer from the rude and insulting behavior exhibited by their customer service representatives. She spoke to them on the phone about an issue with an order. The representative was so rude that she asked who she could file a complaint with, the response she got was a laugh from the rep and a snarky "I don't know, nobody has ever asked that before." If this isn't addressed, I will certainly never shop with them again.

CSI has reached out to me to address this situation. I sincerely hope that the customer service representative will be reprimanded. CSI is in a unique position of consistently having the hot games in stock, but they cannot treat customers like this. I hope this is an isolated incident. They might have saved me as a customer, but they have lost my girlfriend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.