Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hegemony of warp-capable civilizations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dario Salvatore
Italy
flag msg tools
Hi everyone,I write on BBG because I have encountered a trouble.


Well, When I draw a civilization card (for instance level 3) but the planet only has a science node (always for instance) I should put a production node, following priority order, or I should put the node printed on planet (research in this case) ?

Execute a cultural hegemony

Then, if I drew the a civilization level 3, but the planet has only a node capability, I should count using the Hegemony on card (so 3 + 3 warp token = 6 like the example on rulebook) or I should count using the real nodes on the planet ( In the same case, It would be 1 for research node + 3 warp token = 4 )?

Thanks and for the Romulan Empire!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plantageneto92 wrote:
Well, When I draw a civilization card (for instance level 3) but the planet only has a science node (always for instance) I should put a production node, following priority order, or I should put the node printed on planet (research in this case) ?


Only use the priority order when you CAN. It is mainly just there to dictate how open nodes are populated. If there are open nodes, they must always be filled with production. Otherwise, use the type of node listed on the planet, up to the maximum of the number of nodes the card instructs you to place.

Quote:
Execute a cultural hegemony

Then, if I drew the a civilization level 3, but the planet has only a node capability, I should count using the Hegemony on card (so 3 + 3 warp token = 6 like the example on rulebook) or I should count using the real nodes on the planet ( In the same case, It would be 1 for research node + 3 warp token = 4 )?

Thanks and for the Romulan Empire!


You only include the nodes actually on the planet after populating it. So the hegemony resistance of a level 3 warp civ world with one node would be 4.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dario Salvatore
Italy
flag msg tools
Thank you Craig! you have been very kind
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana R.
United States
Claremont
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Devotium Popcornicus
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
csouth154 wrote:


Only use the priority order when you CAN. It is mainly just there to dictate how open nodes are populated. If there are open nodes, they must always be filled with production. Otherwise, use the type of node listed on the planet, up to the maximum of the number of nodes the card instructs you to place.


Can you direct me to where it states the open node needs to be a production node? Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slabcity wrote:
csouth154 wrote:


Only use the priority order when you CAN. It is mainly just there to dictate how open nodes are populated. If there are open nodes, they must always be filled with production. Otherwise, use the type of node listed on the planet, up to the maximum of the number of nodes the card instructs you to place.


Can you direct me to where it states the open node needs to be a production node? Thanks


It only applies to populating warp-capable civs. Page 16 under "Warp-Capable Civilizations"...second paragraph.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you must develop "any capacity of nodes of each type", starting with production.
as an open node has the potential of becoming production so you develop it as a production node.
the 2nd example in the rules shows this nicely.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob D
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
csouth154 wrote:
Slabcity wrote:
csouth154 wrote:


Only use the priority order when you CAN. It is mainly just there to dictate how open nodes are populated. If there are open nodes, they must always be filled with production. Otherwise, use the type of node listed on the planet, up to the maximum of the number of nodes the card instructs you to place.


Can you direct me to where it states the open node needs to be a production node? Thanks


It only applies to populating warp-capable civs. Page 16 under "Warp-Capable Civilizations"...second paragraph.


Here's the passage from the rulebook (p. 16):



Where the priority order would apply would be not only on planets with "Open" node slots, but also on planets in which the nodes include two of the same type.

So, if the exploration card asks you to develop two nodes, and the planet has a Production, Research, and an Open Node, you would develop TWO Production nodes (one on the red slot, the other on the Open slot). Similarly, if the planet showed two Production slots and one Research, you would develop the two Production first.

Basically, you develop Production whenever you can. If red is unavailable, you develop Research whenever you can. If unable, then and ONLY then can you develop a Culture node.
5 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hardy
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
I interpreted the same wording differently. For example,if you have a Production site and an open site, you would fulfill Production capacity with a Production Node, and then fulfill Research Capacity with a Research Node. In other words, the open sites are used to fulfill priority order.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whardy wrote:
I interpreted the same wording differently. For example,if you have a Production site and an open site, you would fulfill Production capacity with a Production Node, and then fulfill Research Capacity with a Research Node. In other words, the open sites are used to fulfill priority order.


Nope. You go in priority order developing everything you can, up to the number of nodes instructed by the card. Open slots will always be used for production if they are used for anything.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hardy
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
Probably means the Romulans won't wind up with 8 research nodes again
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.