Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Buel
United States
Hollywood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand about moving through enemy units. The game describes bombers moving over enemy AA guns during strategic bombing runs. So, it can move right through enemy territories?

Can fighters fly right over tanks?

It seems pretty clear that tanks cannot move right through occupied territories. Would that be true even if they were occupied only by planes and an AA gun?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
dbuel wrote:
I don't understand about moving through enemy units. The game describes bombers moving over enemy AA guns during strategic bombing runs. So, it can move right through enemy territories?
Yes, a Bomber or Fighter could MOVE in this manner, while then being subjected to "Anti Aircraft Fire" from any enemy 'A.A.' guns that these encounter during its "flight path", including when returning over those. Usually, you try to AVOID those to reduce the "risk" of a LOSS due to such, but YOU can be "brave" or "lucky" and even "crazy-go-nuts"! if you really MUST!

dbuel wrote:
Can fighters fly right over tanks?
Sure, along with some others being present as well, but again, watch out for the "Archies"!

dbuel wrote:
It seems pretty clear that tanks cannot move right through occupied territories. Would that be true even if they were occupied only by planes and an AA gun?
No, where any other "Military Unit" than just an 'A.A.' gun is present, while were that alone or with just an "Industrial Complex" then YES, it could "Blitz" through an area.

I hope this assists you plenty then, while I DO accept "tips"!
cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
CALIFORNIA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heres a tip. Never try to defrost a frozen car windshield with a bucket of hot water.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
asgelb wrote:
Heres a tip. Never try to defrost a frozen car windshield with a bucket of hot water.
oh, I already KNEW that! so perhaps I should clarify further here that I 'accept' WANTED "tips" in the form of !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin S.
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
asgelb wrote:

I am 15; why wouldn't you wanna do that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Buel
United States
Hollywood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And submarines? In regular Axis & Allies, submarines by themselves can't stop ships. I don't see any such mention in the Axis & Allies: Europe rules. Submarines stop ships just fine?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hanawalt
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
Yes, a Bomber or Fighter could MOVE in this manner, while then being subjected to "Anti Aircraft Fire" from any enemy 'A.A.' guns that these encounter during its "flight path", including when returning over those.

Actually, that does not include when returning over those. The plane would return over those territories with AA guns during Non-Combat Movement, which means that those AA guns would not be able to fire on them.

GROGnads wrote:
No, where any other "Military Unit" than just an 'A.A.' gun is present, while were that alone or with just an "Industrial Complex" then YES, it could "Blitz" through an area.

An AA gun alone will also prevent enemy armor units from blitzing through a territory. However, the tank does not take possession of the territory and AA gun until the Combat Resolution phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hanawalt
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dbuel wrote:
And submarines? In regular Axis & Allies, submarines by themselves can't stop ships. I don't see any such mention in the Axis & Allies: Europe rules. Submarines stop ships just fine?

Yes, since submarines are naval units, and they function differently in the Europe and Pacific games than they do in the regular game, as you point out. However, once enemy ships enter a sea zone that contains your sub, your sub can submerge before combat, escaping damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clarifications about subs:

Attacking subs may submerge before combat begins, but defending subs must survive at least one round of attacks before submerging.

In Axis & Allies Revised, subs do stop the movement of ships, unless they're submerged. This also applies to Axis & Allies Europe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.