Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Poutré
Canada
St-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yes... I still like 'em 32 years later...
mbmbmbmbmb
22.6.6 Breaking off

Exactly in which cases can you decide to break off? At the start of the game, no Air Unit has Long Range capability so in case of an unfavorable matchup, can a player decide to voluntarily abort his air units even though no one has fired a thing yet? If an opponent has Stand-Off capability but you don't, can you break off after his shooting or do you have to wait until your plane actually did something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Taylor
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
“... an iron curtain has descended across the Continent.” — Sir Winston Churchill (1946)
badge
So serious...
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
22.6.6 Breaking Off
A player may, after any round of Long-Range or Stand-off combat, voluntarily Abort an aircraft unit. Simply place the unit in the appropriate Abort Box. Only units which were actually engaged in combat may voluntarily abort.

I would read that to mean there must be some combat during the Long–Range or Stand–off phases (i.e. at least one aircraft has to attack).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SeriousCat wrote:
Quote:
22.6.6 Breaking Off
A player may, after any round of Long-Range or Stand-off combat, voluntarily Abort an aircraft unit. Simply place the unit in the appropriate Abort Box. Only units which were actually engaged in combat may voluntarily abort.

I would read that to mean there must be some combat during the Long–Range or Stand–off phases (i.e. at least one aircraft has to attack).

Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.