Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Brittain
United Kingdom
Woking
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,

What happens if I have two (e.g.) red wholesalers and trade with a red boat? Does only one wholesaler get a card (in this case, the red boat) tucked under him?

The rules kind of imply so, but the character powers always double up in normal Port Royal when you have duplicates.

Thanks,

Alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Only one wholesaler scores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexP wrote:

How do you feel about houseruling that all wholesalers score, when you are playing with wholesalers as an expansion to normal Port Royal? You could take the passengers from Unterwegs and put them under the wholesalers as points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Anny48 wrote:
AlexP wrote:

How do you feel about houseruling that all wholesalers score, when you are playing with wholesalers as an expansion to normal Port Royal? You could take the passengers from Unterwegs and put them under the wholesalers as points.

I'm fine with this. The only reason for not scoring double is, that you only have 1 card when you take the appropriate ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
Life Ain't No Zombiefarm
mbmbmbmbmb
When playing as an expansion, having both Wholesaler of a colour in the deck is a house rule by itself, isn't it?

However, if "restriction in game material" was the only purpose for ruling out scoring doubles, I see no reason, why this should not be possible? I don't know, how common this practice is, but my groups normally splay crewmembers of the same ability, just like the people in this picture do with the sailors. With Wholesalers you are supposed to do this with the ships under the WS. However, considering you buy a red WS, then trade with a red ship, then buy a second red WS, the easiest way to track things would be to just put the second WS under the ship and any further red ships under the second WS. This way it would be easy to see, which ships had been traded with under the influence of only one WS or both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.