Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rita Chen
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As we know, there was a production error on the first edition Cottage Garden board. The start player space is incorrect on one side, so they've been including a sticker sheet of corrections to fix it. I thought it'd be helpful to post a few pictures, in case people are still deciding whether to buy it now or hold out for the second printing.

Like Rahdo mentioned in his runthrough, it's totally playable without applying the stickers, too -- just mark the start player space with a token or something, and ignore the corner spaces unless it's a 4-player game.

(You can see the outline in this close-up, but it's not really noticeable at sitting distance.)

You have to cut the stickers out yourself (I used a paper cutter), but the quality is excellent and the colouring/gloss matches the board exactly. Make sure to cut off the dotted guide-lines when you're cutting, for a better visual match.

Note that I'm terribly fastidious -- as in, don't bend my cards!, no drinks near the table please, end of the world when I ding a box-corner, that's me -- and I have to admit the stickers don't bother me at all. They match the board quite well, and I never notice them anymore. As I understand it, Spielwiese was pretty distraught about this all, and the sticker sheet has a cute, charming story about a guilty cat's antics causing the error (as well as a picture of the guilty cat), so I forgive them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Dringautzki
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
My Blog - Shades Of Boardgaming
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Rita,

thanks for putting these close up sticker shots here

Have a great weekend!

Peat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to hear the story about the cat (as I have three)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rita Chen
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps someone who got the game a little more recently than me could chime in, but from what I recall ... there was a very mischievous cat that somehow got into the copy room and "sat on the keyboard" right before production. Along with a very nice illustration of said cat looking up at the reader, innocently.

I saw another member mention that he cut out a sticker from the corrections sheet to make custom guilty-cat tokens for the game! I didn't realize you could do that, and threw mine out weeks ago, sadly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.