United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
Professor, isn't it time for your nap?
badge
YES, DAMMIT!
mbmbmbmbmb
Please feel free to share all your techniques/ideas/fears/etc... right here on this discussion page.

Personally I subscribe to the weight watchers technique of weight-loss. Calorie counting, monitoring intake of fat, and balancing this with some nice exercise. It's worked for me in the past, where I lost 80lbs in about nine months. It was great, and I kept weight off for about six years.

So please share what YOU do to lose weight. Don't worry about telling people what they should do, just what has worked for you.

Also don't forget to subscribe to this thread

Here is the link to the updates thread:

BGG Weight Loss Challenge - Winter Edition - 2016 Updates

Also, here's the link back to the challenge list.

BGG Weight Loss Challenge - Winter Edition - 2016
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan James
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
YES, DAMMIT!
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome back!! Let's get after it this winter!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
Duck and Cover!
mbmbmbmbmb
In... again...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanks, Kris!

I signed up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santa Tom Pellitieri
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In again... in earnest this time!

Everyone -- Remember to subscribe to the list and discussions. Also, be sure to like/give thumbs to the discussions and lists to help display this on the Front Page!! The more thumbs, the longer it will appear under the Community section!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in again, although my chance of losing 6% in two months is pretty much zero... but I'm thinking of joining a gym in the new year, so it's not quite zero My more realistic goal is to at least avoid putting on my usual "winter weight", and maybe lose a couple of pounds in preparation for starting to run again in spring
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
Duck and Cover!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been steadily putting on the pounds since the end of the summer challenge. I struggle. However, I've put on so much that I will probably be able to make the 6% loss mark this go-around. I'm actually going to decrease in weight, unlike the autumn challenge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica Allen
United States
Utica
New York
flag msg tools
Tails of Equestria - Pet Predicament - RPGG PbF
badge
STOP IT! That tickles.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to join, but I'm 7 short.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica Allen
United States
Utica
New York
flag msg tools
Tails of Equestria - Pet Predicament - RPGG PbF
badge
STOP IT! That tickles.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much
Leanne
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scott gurman
United States
Dubuque
Iowa
flag msg tools
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
badge
That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.
mbmbmbmbmb

I just got diagnosed with Type 2 and high blood pressure. Kinda knew this was coming. So...

This is a great way to maybe actually "enjoy" my new lifestyle. Thanks for running it! And good luck everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If we already submitted a weight upon signing up, do we need to send one in on Monday?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan James
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
YES, DAMMIT!
mbmbmbmbmb
SpaceAlien wrote:
If we already submitted a weight upon signing up, do we need to send one in on Monday?

Yep. The only weight that will be recorded will be the Monday weight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renate Cloake
United Kingdom
Worthing
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in with determination. My weight has ballooned in the last few weeks - too many Christmas dinners and we've had chocolate and biscuits constantly at work all through December
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Militello
United States
Oxford
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in for the first time. I intend on following a whole foods plant based diet, with very little animal products, very little processed foods. I find that I do best when I eliminate unhealthy or calorie rich foods as a whole. Glad to be here and want to have fun. I'm on my fitness pal as paulmilitello
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew H
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm doing this and another diet bet at the same time, and just weighed in for the other one. I'm up 10 pounds from where I was in the spring competition. It's frustrating and motivating at the same time. Even if I don't make the 6%, hopefully I'll get back to that level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leanne
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After a weekend of eating and celebrating the scale was up a bit. So happy this challenge is starting right now so I can curb that instead of letting it continue like I have in the past.

Good luck everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
Duck and Cover!
mbmbmbmbmb
My plan is simple. Don't give up a single thing, just control the amount that is eaten. It works in the spring and summer but fails (miserably) in the fall and winter. But this winter challenge will be different...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In again. Maybe it's time I put my where my stomach is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My weight is also up. Yikes! Very unhealthy number.
That should bring extra incentive. Mainly dietary changes with extra walking each day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica - the other one
Sweden
Örebro in Sweden (sometimes Strengelbach in Switzerland)
flag msg tools
They are a treasure - I don´t need lots of them...
badge
Yay - Stretch goat!
mbmbmbmbmb
Stumbled in just in time to see it started today... And I stepped on the weighing machine this morning so lets do this (before I change my mind... )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome!

I just realized that my body shape looks like my avatarshake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie Darby
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a really rough fall but looking to get back into the right groove and using a new rewards system I have come up with -

Since most of my extra money goes towards BoardGames and Legos I am setting up a rewards structure for my self (started yesterday) where each day I can earn up to 5 dollars towards "toys" - If I exercise 30 min I get $1, record everything in Myfitness Pal its another $1, and under my calorie goal another 1$. If I meet all three I get a bonus of $2 for five dollars the entire day. This way I can get up to 150 a month. Which sounds like a lot but its in the name of health and if I know I can't get anything unless I do this then it is well worth the motivation!

I am also on myfitnesspal @ Fenestra4

Good luck all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Luza
Germany
Düsseldorf
NRW
flag msg tools
Look me up in Dutch theaters! www.opsterkwater.nl
badge
Sweet boardgame music: http://youtube.com/c/TheHappyLuza
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, back at it. Good luck guys & gals!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Afton
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Meant to comment earlier this week, to say I'm back! but got distracted. By some baby jeezus miracle, managed to pinch off a few pounds in between challenges (and holidays). Not sure if anyone is following my story, but I'm now down 85 lbs for the year. Looking forward to being a normal sized human sometime in 2017, maybe even by the end of this challenge. We shall see, we shall see... anyway, wishing everyone strength and willpower in the coming months and we'll get through this together! Hope you're all planning on kicking ass, cuz that's about what I'm planning on doing <3 <3 <3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scrotchet wrote:
Meant to comment earlier this week, to say I'm back! but got distracted. By some baby jeezus miracle, managed to pinch off a few pounds in between challenges (and holidays). Not sure if anyone is following my story, but I'm now down 85 lbs for the year. Looking forward to being a normal sized human sometime in 2017, maybe even by the end of this challenge. We shall see, we shall see... anyway, wishing everyone strength and willpower in the coming months and we'll get through this together! Hope you're all planning on kicking ass, cuz that's about what I'm planning on doing <3 <3 <3

Keep it up. Best of luck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.