Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Chambers
Canada
Alliston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rookie player here with Successors III on preorder. After reading through the Successors II rulebook, I was left wondering what difference it makes as the interceptor when given the choice to attack upon intercepting or being the defender? The only thing I could think of was regarding battles resulting in draws. Can anyone enlighten me please? Also, I notice that there was a session report for the 2nd of June. Any idea how close to being re-issed this is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Bergeron
Canada
Sherbrooke
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Wargaming makes me peaceful!
mbmbmbmbmb
Noman wrote:
I was left wondering what difference it makes as the interceptor when given the choice to attack upon intercepting or being the defender? Can anyone enlighten me please?

When intercepting as an attacker a player risks losing his champion status if he successfully intercepts another champion who is not the current usurper. But if he does so, the defender (the active player in our example) will only be able to refuse battle on a successful avoid battle die roll. So it's a pretty useful tactic when you want to deprive your opponent of his automatically-successful-refuse-battle option and pin him down in order to force an engagement which otherwise could be hard to secure...

Hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.