Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

504» Forums » Rules

Subject: 45X: Is the number of militia limited? SOLVED: No they are not limited. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: 504:456 [+] 504:45x [+] [View All]
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In world 45X (456 specifically), you will put 1 militia on each discovered mountain and 1 militia and 1 barracks on each discovered city. Unless you are quite active in fighting these militia, you are likely to run out of red meeples for the militia at some point.

When the red meeples for the militia run out, and you discover new mountains or cities, do you replace the militia with some other token, or are they considered limited?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Zigmond
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 45X: Is the number of militia limited?
I don't have the game or rules in front of me, and it's a long time since I've played - but I was under the impression that there were enough red meeples to do this. Remember there are only 10 cities in the game, and at least 2 will be occupied by players. So only 8, at most, will be needed - does the game not come with these?

Module 5 really makes no difference here. Whether you put a militia on each uncalimed city at the start of the game with a known map, or build the map as you go and put the militia on new cities as they are discovered, you'll still end up with the same number of militia. Perhaps fewer in the Exploration game if you don't find all the cities before the end of the game.

EDIT: oh, you're talking about putting militia on mountains too. That would indeed lead to not having enough - but which part of the rules are you getting this from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robinz wrote:
EDIT: oh, you're talking about putting militia on mountains too. That would indeed lead to not having enough - but which part of the rules are you getting this from?

The Book of Worlds, Module 5.II has a special rule for module 4.I:

The Book of Worlds, 5.II wrote:
Depending on the terrain the player discovers or receives the following. […] [Mountain] 1 militia. The player that defeats this militia gets a once-only $20. [City] 1 barrack and 1 militia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They aren't limited. It's also very unlikely to happen. Just replace with alternative pieces (e.g., the orange ones) if it does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
They aren't limited. It's also very unlikely to happen. Just replace with alternative pieces (e.g., the orange ones) if it does.

Well, it happened in all three games I've played, so I don't know about "very unlikely". I guess it depends on how aggressive the players are with wiping out the militia…

Thanks for the answer though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW, in case anyone wants official confirmation that milita are not limited to the physical pieces supplied, Friedemann Friese confirmed it here (found quickly by searching the forum for "militia"):

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/20409487#20409487
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
BTW, in case anyone wants official confirmation that milita are not limited to the physical pieces supplied, Friedemann Friese confirmed it here (found quickly by searching the forum for "militia"):

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/20409487#20409487

Sorry, my bad. I only looked in the Rules forum. Not sure why I didn't search first, because I usually do
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.