Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Santorini» Forums » Rules

Subject: Zeus rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Did I interpret Zeus' power right? As long as his worker can move up to level 2, he wins. I think it's overpowering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Doomed Jellyfish wrote:
Did I interpret Zeus' power right? As long as his worker can move up to level 2, he wins. I think it's overpowering.

No, that is incorrect. If he builds on level two, moving himself up to level three, he does not win the game. To win, a player must move up to level three on their turn. In a similar way, a player can be pushed to level but would not win.

If Zeus could simply build under himself on level two and win, he would be overpowered, but he cannot do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Saxberg
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cagriggs wrote:
Doomed Jellyfish wrote:

No, that is incorrect. If he builds on level two, moving himself up to level three, he does not win the game. To win, a player must move up to level three on their turn. In a similar way, a player can be pushed to level but would not win.

If Zeus could simply build under himself on level two and win, he would be overpowered, but he cannot do that.

This is exactly correct.

There are several ways in Santorini that you can end up on level 3 (some other examples: Minotaur, Charon), but none of them trigger a win from you unless it is during your move *and* the moving piece just moved up from a level 2 (even moving across from another level 3 doesn't count). Zeus' power takes effect *after* his move is already finished, so it does not trigger a win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cagriggs wrote:
Doomed Jellyfish wrote:

The rules are careful in their use of 'move' so that it never appears in the way that cagriggs used it. You can win by doing anything described as a move on your turn as long as you go up and to level 3, but anything not described as a move will not cause you to win unless there is a relevant Win Condition in play. Zeus' power is a modified build, so it doesn't cause him to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.