Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Muhammad Na'im
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wanted to get the game and found out it is out-of-print.Any news?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nim Chimpsky
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow6 wrote:
Wanted to get the game and found out it is out-of-print.Any news?

Based on comments on a post on Ystari's website, it doesn't seem like it will be:

Link: http://www.ystari.com/witness-is-available/

Over the last few weeks, it seems copies are selling on eBay for $30-40. That's in line with the MSRP, even if it's higher than what you used to be able to buy the game for online. And if it's not getting reprinted, prices will presumably only go up from here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kløve
Denmark
Hillerød
flag msg tools
badge
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed
mbmbmbmbmb
A shame, it is a fantastic game with the right group. I would grabbing while the grabbing is (semi)good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't believe it, this game is really fun and unique. There goes my hopes for an expansion I guess :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kjetil Svendsen
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
My Secret Santa is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any legal reasons for not reprinting this? I've been looking for this ever since I saw the Shut Up & Sit Down review. It looked so fun, and it is such a unique concept, so it's a shame if it wont be reprinted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl G
United Kingdom
Taunton, England
Somerset
flag msg tools
I have heard a rumour it will be rethemed later this year with Sherlock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kjetil Svendsen
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Later this year? Then we won't have to wait long
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavi Bové
Spain
Terrassa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news? Would be great!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kjetil Svendsen
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked Ystari on their forum in December and they replied:

Quote:
the game works well, but is not successfull enough to have a reprint. Sorry.

What can we do to convince them to reprint this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant F.
msg tools
Had enough chasing games that may not be reprinted. If the game is great you don't have to worry the demand will force it to be reprinted. Otherwise I won't miss it as there are tons of other games better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adil M
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I want to get this as a gift, should I just buy it used now then? How much do you think is reasonable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emspace
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adil3tr wrote:
I want to get this as a gift, should I just buy it used now then? How much do you think is reasonable?

I got a used “good” version for CA$55 including shipping, but some pieces were bent and the booklets were worn — though, that might have also be from the initial printing and binding methods, which didn’t look incredibly robust to begin with. I think for the amount of wear in my copy, it would’ve been more fair to pay closer to CA$45, but I’m certainly not feeling like I was ripped off.

For a brand new copy, I think US$60-75 with shipping is a great deal. My opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Garland
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They seem to have no interest in reprinting, even if it could potentially involve guaranteed sales

http://www.ystari.com/witness-is-available/#comment-2369

Quote:
TJQuest
15 MARCH 2017 AT 18 H 09 MIN
How many pre-orders of Witness would you need to justify an English reprint? There’s a demand for it. It’s sold out everywhere, and used copies are being bought for over US$80. Give me the amount of pre-orders you would need, and I’ll get the required numbers for you.

Quote:
Gabriel Ecoutin
20 MARCH 2017 AT 10 H 09 MIN
Hi,
thanks but we are working on other projects for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connie .
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm sad there are no plans to reprint this. Do you think they would consider opening up the source files so people could make a print and play? If they're not going to use it anyway..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Noble
msg tools
Yeah, it seems like they are pretty intransigent about the reprint. I guess the only thing to do is for people to keep trying to let them know that a reprint/print and play would be appreciated, and hopefully they see the value in doing so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
New Zealand
Dunedin
Otago
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shame to hear there will be no reprint and that the publisher isn't even open to the idea. If they do decide to do a retheme I hope it isn't Sherlock Holmes. Not only would it be a lazy thing to go for but I don't think it would work as well. I hope they make something up along similar lines as B&M.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Goodwin
United Kingdom
Robertsbridge
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Tintin style of comic artwork adds a great deal of appeal for me. I'd hate for the game to become yet another Sherlock.

And I imagine the designer Dominique Bodin might be disappointed her publisher is ignoring demand for her game even to the point of refusing to confirm it with a Kickstarter project.

Fingers crossed they change their minds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.