Subject: Who ripped the limbs off of my meeples? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this game the other day with my daughter. Had a lot of fun. We both loved simulating the terror as people run around the city and get burnt to a crisp.

One think that I think would improve this game immensly would be if real carcassonne-style meeples were used in place of these silly cylinders. The cylinders just don't look enough like people to me. As my daughter put it, "the yellow people look just like the trash cans in that power game." Since the author of Pompeii is Klaus-Jürgen Wrede, the meeple king himself, surely the idea of real meeples popped into somebody's head at some point. I wonder if it was nixed because of cost issues or some misguided "not in good taste" decision.

Anybody know where I can get approximately 120 fully-limbed meeples for a decent price? devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know what you consider a decent price, but meeplepeople.com have meeples for sale by bulk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, thanks for the info!

I checked, replacing the cylinders in Pompeii with meeples from meeplepeople would cost $31.75 (127 meeples at $0.25 each). More than the game! Ouch!

Perhaps I'll email them, when buying 100+ meeples of the same color they drop the price to $0.17 per meeple, if I could get that price for the meeples it would then be only $21.59, which is much more tolerable.

All this just for a morbid sense of humor...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ira Taraday
Canada
Unspecified
Ontario
flag msg tools
standard meeples would work (can fit 4 to a square) they just take up more space and would be expensive to order

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Mathews
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny story, we were looking forward to getting this game and my wife bought me ~15-20 meeples of each color for a Christmas present in anticipation of getting the game. We've played it a bunch since we got it and throwing a meeple into the volcano is tons more fun than the cylinders that come with the game. Since we play 4-player a lot, we rarely need to go much beyond the meeples we have. One of the more thoughtful Christmas presents I have received in a long time. It even came with a tag that said "The real downfall of Pompeii was that it doesn't come with meeples."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.