Popular Tags: [View All]
William Smith
Canada
Whitby
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Merry xmas!

This is a desktop version (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux) of Solo Tower Hack written in Java. There is also an Android version, but because when I make tweaks or bug fixes it takes extra time to evaluate on Android devices, I am hoping to get some eyes on this and some feedback before putting that out there.

I'm putting this as a link for a couple of reasons
- BGG has trouble with files over 5-8 MB (this clocks in at about 12MB)
- It is the holidays, and the file approval process can take some time even in non-holiday times.

Direct link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h1kbhw7rfezmdax/AAC43oZTuP9YaxEKy...

(note: word on the street is that DropBox is removing shared file support sometime in early 2017 ... which is ... soon. I'll post a new link at that time, by which it should be ver. 1.0)

Things that *need* to be fixed before calling it ver. 1.0:
- The BBEG! Given the nature of the game, I mean ... good luck getting that far, lol, but the "end game" needs a bit of love.
- Credit where credit is due. Acknowledgements for Ben Nelson (STH), FNH1 for "Dungeon Bash" on which Solo Tower Hack was based, and ShaunGamer on the title page.
- A "Rules" page for those who haven't played before or need a refresher.
- A "Try Again" or "Exit" option after a player dies (which, again ... will be often!)

Known issues:
- Potion images don't disappear from the map when moving up into a staircase. This doesn't affect gameplay whatsoever, but it needs to be fixed.

Things I'd like to add, if anyone actually likes this enough to play it:
- An 'easier' mode: slightly fewer random monster encounters each level, and slightly higher probability of finding experience or potions. Reduce monster damage modifiers by 1.
- Some more animations (monster death, player death, items)
- Record stats (number of times through the dungeon, number of times won, monsters killed, that type of thing)

Background:
I am working on a programming library for a much larger original game, which will also be released as a pen & paper PnP. While working on that, I wanted to start with a game that was simple enough rule wise to allow me to focus on building the tools without having to worry too much about the game mechanics, but that shared some similar elements (dungeons, basic stats, items, monsters, dice.) And also one that I like to play. Flipping through my PnP binder, Solo Tower Hack seemed to fit the bill!

I plan on implementing a slightly more complex free PnP with the same library (Dungeon Crawl), and then a clone of Citadel of Blood, and then finally my game.

Feedback welcome!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Smith
Canada
Whitby
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Version 0.9.5 available for download - fixes most (all?) issues mentioned in the TO DO or KNOWN ISSUES for v0.9

If you've downloaded this or the previous version, please hit me up with feedback so that I can get the mobile version out there. Really, I just wanted this for my phone

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h1kbhw7rfezmdax/AAC43oZTuP9YaxEKy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Smith
Canada
Whitby
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
0.9.8 for download. With thanks to
Jeremiah
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
for pointing out a critical rule oversight.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ixiwume84dva48/dqtowerhack-0.9.8....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Fung
msg tools
Experience points does not increase after killing monster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.