Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Multi-class divided rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
michal
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
Are divided cards considered to be multi-class when they are in player hand?

Storm/Black Panther card asks to reveal multi-class cards and divided cards are considered to have both colors when they are in player hand.

Would divided cards work in this case?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, they are two individual cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Schuette
United States
Savannah
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually disagree. Their rare only makes sense if they count as multiclass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gschuette wrote:
I actually disagree. Their rare only makes sense if they count as multiclass.

Rereading the rules from Civil War on Divided Cards and the rules from Secret Wars Vol. 1 on Multiclass Cards I tend to agree. The rules are not specific enough to exclude Divided Cards from being Multiclass Cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce C
United States
flag msg tools
Let's play together! - Legendary DXP
badge
I don't tell people what to do on their turn, I might as well be playing by myself.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
While a Divided Card is in your hand or the
HQ, it counts as all its Hero Classes, Teams
and Hero Names. But once you play it, the
card only counts as the side you chose.

This is straight from the Civil War rulesheet. According to these rules the divided card counts as everything printed on it until you play it.

Source: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/135038/legendary-civil...

Edit: Here is the card in question if anyone here didn't know
Quote:
King & Queen of Wakanda
Storm & Black Panther
Tech
5 Attack
Reveal any number of multi-class cards from your hand. Gain that many sidekicks.
Cost: 7
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Petit
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
c08mk wrote:
Are divided cards considered to be multi-class when they are in player hand?

Storm/Black Panther card asks to reveal multi-class cards and divided cards are considered to have both colors when they are in player hand.

Would divided cards work in this case?

Accounting everything that has been already said, i really think that they do not count as multi-class cards are specifically a type of card that is two classes at the same time being both colors. They always keep their state and never change. They have a very specific design, one could never mistake a divided card for a multi-class card.

But you could argue that since divided cards came after multi-class cards maybe they could count but maybe then they would known about this and mentionned in the rules sheet that when a card asked for a multi-class card, a divided card could be used also.

Then that's just my point of view. In a way, your game your rules. Unless we would play together, then the good ol' D6 could decide whom is right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Roberts
msg tools
mb
It says in the rules that all card abilities are active while the cards are in hand. So revealing then would make them duel class.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stealthy104 wrote:
Quote:
While a Divided Card is in your hand or the
HQ, it counts as all its Hero Classes, Teams
and Hero Names. But once you play it, the
card only counts as the side you chose.

This is straight from the Civil War rulesheet. According to these rules the divided card counts as everything printed on it until you play it.

Source: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/135038/legendary-civil...

Edit: Here is the card in question if anyone here didn't know
Quote:
King & Queen of Wakanda
Storm & Black Panther
Tech
5 Attack
Reveal any number of multi-class cards from your hand. Gain that many sidekicks.
Cost: 7

They are considered multiclass as per the rule sheet. Thanks stealthy104 for putting up the card text. As you can see, this card would be worthless within this set if they didn't. Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.