Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gavin Kingsley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules do not seem to prohibit this, but all the examples have only one chit per player per horse. Can a player increase their bet? Thematically, it makes sense... any thoughts? How do you play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taj Mahal, anyone?
Switzerland
Basel
L├Ąckerli State
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to my Royal Turf rules it's only one chit per player per horse. If you have more than one chit per horse, well, then it's your house rule, which I might try out next time I play this fun little horse racing game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"You can spend all your time making money / Or you can spend all your love making time."
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have Royal Turf, and I believe you're allowed to place more than one chit per horse, but I guess I could be wrong (and I usually am). I think it's more fun to allow it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just played Royal Turf, and it is definitely against the German rules for the same player to place two chits on the same horse.

I also played Winning Circle for the first time two weeks ago, and I am pretty sure I saw the same rule there. But as I was reading the rules late at night (read early in the morning) could I be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
futhee wrote:
I also have Royal Turf, and I believe you're allowed to place more than one chit per horse, but I guess I could be wrong (and I usually am). I think it's more fun to allow it.

It could be a fun variant, but the payout chart has been made with assumption that only one chit of each player is allocated to a horse, so your payouts are likely to become smaller.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It says in the rules each player may place only one bet per horse. I missed it at first when I last read through the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kidsley
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Long Eaton, Nottingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In regards to Winners Circle you may only place 1 chit per horse (therefore you will have 3 horses in total) sauron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.