Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Wilcock
United Kingdom
Wallingford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just picked up Killer Bunnies at UK Expo and breezed through the rules. Looking forward to my first game.

Quick question though - and sorry if I am being dense but I can't find it in the rules -

Can I buy a carrot at any time or do I need a choose a carrot card ?

My reading is that, if I have the money, I can go and buy a carrot whenever I feel like it (like cabbage and water). If I get a choose a carrot card I just pick one for free.
Is that right ?

Or is the only time you can buy a carrot when you get the relevant card ?

Cheers for the help !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uberhegi
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have the money on your turn and the market is open, you may buy a carrot. Playing the "Choose a Carrot" card gives you a free carrot.

It seems like you had it right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Grundy
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Choose a Carrot lets you take one for free.

You can buy carrots at any time on your turn for the listed price at the market, if you have enough Dolla.

The online rules are much much better than the rules I got in my starter set.
www.killerbunnies.com

But in the printed rules I have, on the second last page under Bunny Bits / Kaballa's Market...
"All players may buy supplies during their turn ... A player does not need a bunny card down ... The main supplies are Cabbage and Water ... Another supply is Carrots, which are used to win the game."

You cannot buy out of your turn, or if the market is closed. But Carrot Thief cards and Choose a Carrot still work if the market is closed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Cook
United Kingdom
Burton on Trent
Staffs
flag msg tools
badge
I'd agree with everything you were saying, if only you were right...
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. As long as the market is open, and you have the money, you buy it at any time.

That said - we played the game the other way you describe, as we couldn't actually find it in the rules, for about 6 months before deciding we were playing incorrectly...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Wilcock
United Kingdom
Wallingford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the clarifications.

I've checked out the website too and it makes it a little bit clearer. I am suprised the rules are not more specific on this key point !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.