Subject: Tanks! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bermondsey Battler
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We played our first game of Great War with the tank expansion today.

My son was the British in the opening tank scenario.  His MkIV female stalled out after its first move and never restarted.  My Germans in the center felt comfortable venturing into No Mans Land, for an attempt to breach his trenchline.

He managed to rebuff the center offensive and, using the stalled tank fo fire, kept my left flank tied up. In the end, his MkIV male tank and a couple of squads of men managed to breach my trenchline on the right flank and kill my machine gunners in desperate close combat for the final victory medal.  

This is our second play and we really like this game. We are Battle Cry and Memoir 44 vets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you are enjoying it. Definitely a higher level of complexity over your previous experiences, but I think it all makes the game better, not just more complicated.

Check the rules for bogged/stalled tanks firing. You probably did better than you thought. (And note that bogged/stalled tanks are easier to kill, also.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bermondsey Battler
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The way i read it, they cant fire the first turn, but they can battle at -1 die in subsequent turnsm. I did not realize they were easier to kill - after it took out my one infantry unit in close combat, i just tried to stay away.

My machine gunners were firing at it periodically but never achieved a good hit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian C.
Netherlands
Lepelstraat
flag msg tools
Scared of tax admin Evil Bob?
badge
Contact Me 262 Schwalbe's GG laundry service now!
mbmbmbmbmb
Easier to kill because you get an extra die in the confirm-hit-re-roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.