8 Posts

One Deck Dungeon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mana Fountain rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Mana Fountain skill allows one to convert a blue die to 6, then spend it as mana.

Does the last phrase mean that the converted die can be used only to activate a magic skill and cannot be used to fill a box on an Encounter Card or Dungeon Card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Chhay
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
did I buy this?
badge
Nodoka Miyazaki ~ Negima!
mbmbmbmbmb
gillum wrote:
The Mana Fountain skill allows one to convert a blue die to 6, then spend it as mana.

Does the last phrase mean that the converted die can be used only to activate a magic skill and cannot be used to fill a box on an Encounter Card or Dungeon Card?

Yes, mana is only used to pay for magic skills. Chris will correct me if I'm wrong though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hiltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shinako wrote:
gillum wrote:

Yes, mana is only used to pay for magic skills. Chris will correct me if I'm wrong though.

I believe this is correct, mana is a "currency" of sorts, it's a different concept than placing your dice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. Mana Fountain's die can only be used to fuel another skill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riccardo Riguzzi
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
If I use mana fountain I get 6 Manas.
Ok.
But can I use those 6 Manas to activate 2 spells?
I have a spell that costs 4 manas to "create" a 4 Yellow and a 4 Pink die and another spell that costs 2 manas that gives me a blu dice...
Can I cast both of them thanks to mana fountain?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
DocZagreus wrote:
If I use mana fountain I get 6 Manas.
Ok.
But can I use those 6 Manas to activate 2 spells?
I have a spell that costs 4 manas to "create" a 4 Yellow and a 4 Pink die and another spell that costs 2 manas that gives me a blu dice...
Can I cast both of them thanks to mana fountain?

No. Each skill is a discrete, separate payment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Porter
United States
Providence
RI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I use the 6 mana from Player 1’s mana fountain to activate a mana spell (eg chaotic aura) that Player 2 has? If so I would assume that Player 2 gets the benefit of the activated spell.

I interpreted the text this way as mana fountain refers to “a spell” (and not “your spell”) whereas chaotic aura refers to “your dice”, but not confident in my interpretation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
No - good catch on the wording clarity error though. You're always affecting your own dice/skills unless it explicitly says "your partner".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.