Subject: Tulsa Boardgame Enthusiast rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tom mclain
United States
tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Professional, Adult and married boardgame enthusiast seeking others to play games such as Nexus Ops, Spacehulk, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Risk and Heroquest. I have plenty of space avalaible to host in my home, and would prefer Tues. or Wed. nights when i'm off of work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Franklin
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you posted a note at the Originial Game Shop?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom mclain
United States
tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I didn't think of that. A very close freind of mine owned that shop years ago, and when he sold it I kinda drifted away from going there...esp. since they moved from their original location in The Farm. Thanks for the idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Anderson
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I'll play the Klingons
badge
I'll play the Klingons
mbmbmbmbmb
You might check through Top Deck (my favorite Tulsa shop) as well. I'd offer to play but weeknights don't usually work for me. We sometimes play on weekends if you are interested.

Hmmm, actually there are several game shops in the Tulsa area. I wonder if we have a game shops per capita record. When I was last in Dallas, I was only able to locate the shop that is/was located in a mall but I keep thinking that Dallas including suburbs has to have more than that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom mclain
United States
tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Yeah- I like Top Deck. One of the owners (Rick) was part of the group that used to hang out at the Game Shop back in the days when Russell still owned it... rick's a good guy. I was amazed by all the gameshops in Tulsa myself. For a comparitively small town there are several within ten miles of my home in South Tulsa..

1. The original game shop

2. the wizards asylum

3. starbase 21

4.top deck games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haverty
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
Howdy Gents!

We've been struggling to get a regular gaming club going in the area for a while now. You can check our site at http://www.greencountrygames.com and sign up for a forum account. So far, all we've accomplished regularly is first Saturday of the month. December through April we met at Top Deck, but in May (and I think hereafter) we met at All In Games in Broken Arrow, owned by Todd who used to work at Top Deck.

Depending on timing, some of us might be able to make the occassional "extra" game night here or there.

Let's hook up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynn Moore
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mb
There's a new shop opened next to Laser Quest @ 31st and Sheridan: Castle comics and gaming...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Coon
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GamePlayer wrote:
Hmmm, actually there are several game shops in the Tulsa area. I wonder if we have a game shops per capita record. When I was last in Dallas, I was only able to locate the shop that is/was located in a mall but I keep thinking that Dallas including suburbs has to have more than that.

We have a few in the suburbs, but generally Dallas isn't known for its gaming stores. Honestly, Game HQ in Oklahoma City is leaps and bounds better than anything we have in Dallas.

I have fond memories of that store that used to be in The Farm shopping center. I don't know if I ever bought anything there (I was just a kid, and would go when visiting my sister), but I used to love browsing all the games I had never seen before. Good memories! We also used to hit Starbase 21, which had an amazing selection of older games.

Next time I'm in Tulsa, I'll have to check out the new game stores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.