Love Letter Premium» Forums » Rules

Subject: Sycophant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Xristos Lagogiannis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I play Sycophant to a player and he chooses to play guard on his turn, what happens to himself? Nothing , Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kazoy Tsapsoy
msg tools
fifini wrote:
If I play Sycophant to a player and he chooses to play guard on his turn, what happens to himself? Nothing , Right?

On another note, is the Sycophant in effect for the whole turn? or will it just affect he next player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xristos Lagogiannis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think affects only next player once

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacio Fernández Galván
Sweden
flag msg tools
The effect of the Sycophant is only for the next card played. Not the next card with a target, just the next card.

The rules say "If you discard a card with an effect that requires you to choose a player that cannot be chosen due to another card effect (Sycophant, Handmaid), your card is discarded without effect." So if the Sycophant forces the next player to target the Guard on a player that cannot be chosen (i.e. him/herself), the Guard has no effect. (The same would be if the target player had a Handmaid, but of course the Sycophant cannot choose a player with a Handmaid to start with, so this can't happen.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Campos Martinez
msg tools
What about if another player choose you with a sycophant, and you choose to play a Bishop?

Do you have to play it against yourself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wicky69 wrote:
What about if another player choose you with a sycophant, and you choose to play a Bishop?

No, because Bishop specifically requires "another player," so it would basically render those sort of cards useless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Campos Martinez
msg tools
ayejae wrote:
wicky69 wrote:

No, because Bishop specifically requires "another player," so it would basically render those sort of cards useless.

That's what we thought and did, just to have a second opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elias Mochan
Mexico
flag msg tools
What about the King? If the played a Sycophant on me and I play the King it loses its effect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ComplixVandh wrote:
What about the King? If the played a Sycophant on me and I play the King it loses its effect?

I would say yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.