Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julian Dick
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
mb
Hi guys!

had a very unsatisfying game night last weekend.
we played Aoens End for the second time (first game played last week was a win against Rageborn with recommended setup).

we played 3 games with randomized setups and always lost against the blight lord with absolutely no chance of winning. We started to feel that this nemesis seems impossible with 4 players and that Aeons end does not scale well to the amount of players playing. I think with 2 it would be way easier to return the tainted jades he dishes out to the players because you cycle through your deck 2x faster and it would be far easier to get the huge amount of aether in your hand that you need to discard his really bad powers (the ones that advance the tainted track).

has anybody won against the blight lord with more than 2 players yet? what strategy tipps could you give us.

what would be a good next nemesis to play against after defeating rageborn that is actually fun to play against and beatable with 4 players?

greetings, Julian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Enroth186 wrote:
Hi guys!

had a very unsatisfying game night last weekend.
we played Aoens End for the second time (first game played last week was a win against Rageborn with recommended setup).

we played 3 games with randomized setups and always lost against the blight lord with absolutely no chance of winning. We started to feel that this nemesis seems impossible with 4 players and that Aeons end does not scale well to the amount of players playing. I think with 2 it would be way easier to return the tainted jades he dishes out to the players because you cycle through your deck 2x faster and it would be far easier to get the huge amount of aether in your hand that you need to discard his really bad powers (the ones that advance the tainted track).

has anybody won against the blight lord with more than 2 players yet? what strategy tipps could you give us.

what would be a good next nemesis to play against after defeating rageborn that is actually fun to play against and beatable with 4 players?

greetings, Julian

Hi,

IMO, you shouldn't ask for a solution, but try and find it yourself. Don't use a randomized set-up. You're facing a problem there, so try and figure out a market that can help you solve it! Part of the fun of this kind of game is just that: how can I beat this evil pumpkin head?

We've tried him today as well, 2 players only, and oh boy do you need to prioritize! We lost badly, as he was shooting from all directions at once, but we enjoyed our game.

Next time we'll try a faster market, because ours was too expensive and we had to spend a lot of time getting rid of those jaded gems. We lost to a card that said to either advance the tainted track twice (we were on 8), or to deal 8 damage to Gravehold, wich at that time had 7 life left. That was sad

Have fun experimenting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Francis
Australia
Maryborough
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We won by having one player build his deck so that he was the only one who took the Tainted Jades and paid for them to go back.

That seemed to work but that was the first time we played him.
I'm sure it'll be different next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Tucker
msg tools
I won a three player game, it wasn't that bad. We ran his deck out. Just every turn we would pay to put the jades back. Sometimes use them to set up a future better turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.